squeaky noise on steering wheel - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, squeaky noise on steering wheel in Cadillac Escalade Forums; If anyone would like assistance in working with a dealership to see if they would be able to resolve the ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: squeaky noise on steering wheel

If anyone would like assistance in working with a dealership to see if they would be able to resolve the issue, please private message Laura or I. We would be more than happy to set up an appointment with a dealership and speak to them on your behalf. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I sent a pm.

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by icaddy View Post
    Recently my 05 escalade started to have a squeaky noise when turning the steering wheels. It seems from inside the car, not underneath the hood. I found a thread in the forum that someone recommend to use Super Lube. I tried it but still have the squeaky noise. Where should I check?
    thanks
    Have you tried lubing the boot on the steering shaft going into the dash/firewall? (above the pedals).... We have alot of dodge vans that come threw the shop with that problem! usually a little lithium grease will quite it down, never had that problem with the caddy though! Good luck!

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin View Post
    Have you tried lubing the boot on the steering shaft going into the dash/firewall? (above the pedals).... We have alot of dodge vans that come threw the shop with that problem! usually a little lithium grease will quite it down, never had that problem with the caddy though! Good luck!
    are you talking from the firewall side or under the dash? Mine sounds like "Chewbaca" when turning left, only when warm..i am gonna try marv's mystery oil in the p/s reserve

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by djais1801
    are you talking from the firewall side or under the dash? Mine sounds like "Chewbaca" when turning left, only when warm..i am gonna try marv's mystery oil in the p/s reserve
    So I ain't the only one who hears the chewbaca holler noise at times
    Let me know if the mystery oil works as I will try that if it does

icaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by icaddy View Post
    I lubricate the steering wheel and it seems the noise was gone. Here is a picture showing where I sprayed lubricant. I used Super Lube from Home Depot.
    I think this was not correct. Sorry for any misleading. Days later I sprayed a lot of Super Lube under dash around the booth through firewall. The noise got much quieter but it's still there.

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

I had my technician look at it...my "Chewbaca" noise is coming from up in the steering wheel somewhere. We're going to remove the steering wheel and lube up whatever we can...keep you posted!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.