Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any thoughts on how to get aux to work

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ninja12 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2005 ESV Platinum Caddy. There is an iSimple cord coming out of the glove compartment. I just bought a cable to use with the iSimple cord so I can hook it to my android phone to play pandora. The cord works but I can't get it to sync with the stereo. Any thoughts on how I can do this? I have nav but no CD and I also have XM but no subscription. Or are there any other ways to hook my phone up to play music through it? I'm stumped. Please help!

#4 ·
Ok thank you! I'll try the XM again. I wish there was just an aux that I can select on my stereo. My stereo is the original, actually nothing fancy. Although I did notice it says aux when I source through to the XM. Nothing happens when it's in that selection though. Hmmmmm.....

#5 ·
robotbtrfly said:
Ok thank you! I'll try the XM again. I wish there was just an aux that I can select on my stereo. My stereo is the original, actually nothing fancy. Although I did notice it says aux when I source through to the XM. Nothing happens when it's in that selection though. Hmmmmm.....
Mine shows the same you have to turn the tune knob as soon as you select the gateway

#6 ·
are you sure it's isimple, there are other aux options, some have a small 3 way switch aux1 -original radio - aux2
That's what i have. mounted my switch in a hole at bottom of dash near steering wheel. take a look around it could be anywhere including inside the console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.