Any thoughts on how to get aux to work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Any thoughts on how to get aux to work in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently purchased a 2005 ESV Platinum Caddy. There is an iSimple cord coming out of the glove compartment. I ...
    robotbtrfly is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any thoughts on how to get aux to work

I recently purchased a 2005 ESV Platinum Caddy. There is an iSimple cord coming out of the glove compartment. I just bought a cable to use with the iSimple cord so I can hook it to my android phone to play pandora. The cord works but I can't get it to sync with the stereo. Any thoughts on how I can do this? I have nav but no CD and I also have XM but no subscription. Or are there any other ways to hook my phone up to play music through it? I'm stumped. Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by robotbtrfly
    I recently purchased a 2005 ESV Platinum Caddy. There is an iSimple cord coming out of the glove compartment. I just bought a cable to use with the iSimple cord so I can hook it to my android phone to play pandora. The cord works but I can't get it to sync with the stereo. Any thoughts on how I can do this? I have nav but no CD and I also have XM but no subscription. Or are there any other ways to hook my phone up to play music through it? I'm stumped. Please help!
    If the phone has Bluetooth you can get the blue stream add on for the media gateway the only phone I know that is controllable by the media gateway is the iPhone

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Unsure what cable was needed to hook ur phone up but when i change source to xm, immediately there is a grace period to use the tune button to select other sources such as ipod or aux

robotbtrfly is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Any thoughts on how to get aux to work

Ok thank you! I'll try the XM again. I wish there was just an aux that I can select on my stereo. My stereo is the original, actually nothing fancy. Although I did notice it says aux when I source through to the XM. Nothing happens when it's in that selection though. Hmmmmm.....

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Ok thank you! I'll try the XM again. I wish there was just an aux that I can select on my stereo. My stereo is the original, actually nothing fancy. Although I did notice it says aux when I source through to the XM. Nothing happens when it's in that selection though. Hmmmmm.....
    Mine shows the same you have to turn the tune knob as soon as you select the gateway

ninja12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade esv

Re: Any thoughts on how to get aux to work

are you sure it's isimple, there are other aux options, some have a small 3 way switch aux1 -original radio - aux2
    That's what i have. mounted my switch in a hole at bottom of dash near steering wheel. take a look around it could be anywhere including inside the console.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.