Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lower my esky help

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mikedyk43 
#1 ·
I want to adjust my escalade ESV's height like nathanjax's escalade in this topic below:

Low Escalade

I want it to be able to get that low but yet be adjustable if I want it too. Can anyone help me with this? What should I be looking for?

#2 ·
The front will be adjustable because of the factory adjustments on the torsion bars. The front drop spindles are a MUST if you want to be able to correctly align the camber. I have not seen or heard of any way to have adjustable height in the rear unless you went with a full airbag setup. Below is a picture of my lowered Escalade:

I have two inch drop spindles up front with factory torsion keys adjusted to the lowest point while still retaining factory alignment specs. In the rear I have 5 inch drop springs and shock extender. I had to remove bump stops in front and rear and also had to cut the bump stop mounts off of the frame in the rear. I removed the factory connecting rods for the air ride height adjustment and replaced them with rods cut to the length that would lift the rear about a half inch. Just enough get some air pressure in them. I still have the factory shocks all around and it rides very smooth.

#5 ·
One other tip, when you lower the truck, make sure to loosen and then retighten all of the mounting bolts for the control arm bushings (front and rear). It releaves the stress on the bushings that are now at a different angle and makes a big difference in ride quality.

#7 ·
The only parts you would need to buy are front drop spindles, rear drop springs and rear shock extenders. Pricing depends on where you buy from. I got my stuff used from Craigslist and spent less than $500 for everything. Look around and find the parts you need at the price you are willing to pay.

#10 ·
i like the 20`s lowered. looks cleaner than big a$$ rims with skinny tires and airspace between fender and crap. just wanted mention im black to so not all of us believe in big rims. sorry getting a lil off subject. i seen a beautifal v8 supercharged charger the other day with 28 inch rims. hurt me to my heart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.