Lower my esky help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Lower my esky help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I want to adjust my escalade ESV's height like nathanjax's escalade in this topic below: Low Escalade I want it ...
    ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Lower my esky help

I want to adjust my escalade ESV's height like nathanjax's escalade in this topic below:

Low Escalade

I want it to be able to get that low but yet be adjustable if I want it too. Can anyone help me with this? What should I be looking for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    The front will be adjustable because of the factory adjustments on the torsion bars. The front drop spindles are a MUST if you want to be able to correctly align the camber. I have not seen or heard of any way to have adjustable height in the rear unless you went with a full airbag setup. Below is a picture of my lowered Escalade:

I have two inch drop spindles up front with factory torsion keys adjusted to the lowest point while still retaining factory alignment specs. In the rear I have 5 inch drop springs and shock extender. I had to remove bump stops in front and rear and also had to cut the bump stop mounts off of the frame in the rear. I removed the factory connecting rods for the air ride height adjustment and replaced them with rods cut to the length that would lift the rear about a half inch. Just enough get some air pressure in them. I still have the factory shocks all around and it rides very smooth.

That would be cool and that's looking like the level I want to be as low as. Are your wheels 20s or 22s?

Factory 20's

One other tip, when you lower the truck, make sure to loosen and then retighten all of the mounting bolts for the control arm bushings (front and rear). It releaves the stress on the bushings that are now at a different angle and makes a big difference in ride quality.

What kind of money am I talking about putting into the truck to make your mod on my truck?

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    What kind of money am I talking about putting into the truck to make your mod on my truck?
    The only parts you would need to buy are front drop spindles, rear drop springs and rear shock extenders. Pricing depends on where you buy from. I got my stuff used from Craigslist and spent less than $500 for everything. Look around and find the parts you need at the price you are willing to pay.

Ok thanks for the help. I'll look into the parts and message you with any questions I have.

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Re: Lower my esky help

Dont waste your time! raise that biatch and throw some 28s on it! looks WAY better!

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

i like the 20`s lowered. looks cleaner than big a$$ rims with skinny tires and airspace between fender and crap. just wanted mention im black to so not all of us believe in big rims. sorry getting a lil off subject. i seen a beautifal v8 supercharged charger the other day with 28 inch rims. hurt me to my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    Ok thanks for the help. I'll look into the parts and message you with any questions I have.
    Sure thing. If there is anything you need help with don't hesitate to ask.

Snowboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    The front will be adjustable because of the factory adjustments on the torsion bars. The front drop spindles are a MUST if you want to be able to correctly align the camber. I have not seen or heard of any way to have adjustable height in the rear unless you went with a full airbag setup. Below is a picture of my lowered Escalade:

I have two inch drop spindles up front with factory torsion keys adjusted to the lowest point while still retaining factory alignment specs. In the rear I have 5 inch drop springs and shock extender. I had to remove bump stops in front and rear and also had to cut the bump stop mounts off of the frame in the rear. I removed the factory connecting rods for the air ride height adjustment and replaced them with rods cut to the length that would lift the rear about a half inch. Just enough get some air pressure in them. I still have the factory shocks all around and it rides very smooth.
    Is there a front lip spoiler on this?

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder

Yes he has a front lip spoiler on his truck

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder View Post
    Yes, it is the stock air dam intended for the same model year GMC Yukon. I bought from summit racing for about $45. It is about an inch and a half short on the sides and required some trimming around the license plate, but overall, I think it compliments the lowered look pretty well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.