New owner checking in!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New owner checking in! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, I'm a new member of the community. I purchased a 2004 Escalade ESV for a steal. However, the ...
    Typer2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

New owner checking in!

Hello all, I'm a new member of the community. I purchased a 2004 Escalade ESV for a steal. However, the day after i made the purchase from this private party I noticed the check engine light would not come on when the key was turned to the on position.

My curiosity got the best of me so last night I pulled the gauge cluster, opened that bad boy up and realized the previous owner "scraped" the led off the pc board in an attempt to hide something. Go figure from a craigslist special huh? Funny thing is, this isn't the first time I've purchased a car from craigslist where the previous owner tried to hide the check engine light. Last time I purchased an accord and the check engine light was wrapped in electrical tape! I'm mechanically inclined so I was able to clean the egr with seafoam and it fixed the issue.

Anyways, I took the escalade to autozone, sure enough I have a p0422 code. I'm planning on changing the gas cap tomorrow and looking for vacuum leaks. I've already changed out the front diff fluid thanks to this great site!

Tomorrow after my sons baseball game I'm planning on doing the rear diff, engine oil, and transfer case. I love getting cars dirt cheap and rehabbing them!

I just wanted to drop in and say hi, this is a great site and community!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Typer2k1
    Hello all, I'm a new member of the community. I purchased a 2004 Escalade ESV for a steal. However, the day after i made the purchase from this private party I noticed the check engine light would not come on when the key was turned to the on position.

My curiosity got the best of me so last night I pulled the gauge cluster, opened that bad boy up and realized the previous owner "scraped" the led off the pc board in an attempt to hide something. Go figure from a craigslist special huh? Funny thing is, this isn't the first time I've purchased a car from craigslist where the previous owner tried to hide the check engine light. Last time I purchased an accord and the check engine light was wrapped in electrical tape! I'm mechanically inclined so I was able to clean the egr with seafoam and it fixed the issue.

Anyways, I took the escalade to autozone, sure enough I have a p0422 code. I'm planning on changing the gas cap tomorrow and looking for vacuum leaks. I've already changed out the front diff fluid thanks to this great site!

Tomorrow after my sons baseball game I'm planning on doing the rear diff, engine oil, and transfer case. I love getting cars dirt cheap and rehabbing them!

I just wanted to drop in and say hi, this is a great site and community!
    I had that code pop up on my 03 not long after I got it(it was a bad gas cap)

I replaced the gas cap and it went away so try that before checking the evap lines(which are a pain trust me my dad had to get a new evap canister for my mom's 02 because of someone not being careful(though I didn't know during the test drive as the dealer had cleared the codes before I test drove the truck)

I would replace the led soon as you won't know if a error code pops up

I guess I will be the first to say welcome to the forum(FYI there is some how to threads in the FAQ section at the top of the forum section that shows where the plugs are on the transfer case and differentials
    Also this year has the engine oil life meter(great thing to have)which measures the oil life
    How to reset
    Press the fuel pump button till the information screen show oil life:xxx% then hold the enter button(just below the fuel pump button)till the info screen show oil life reset(it will flash change engine oil right after) then shows oil life 100%

You will find using the oil life meter is better then the stickers with the mileage(I still get them out of habit from the dealer)

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: New owner checking in!

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!!

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

Hi there! That was a dirty trick but I'm glad you are working around it. Welcome and enjoy. Happy miles!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaqueen
    Hi there! That was a dirty trick but I'm glad you are working around it. Welcome and enjoy. Happy miles!
    Try having one not tell about a part that needs replacing

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

iv had mine a month i changed the transfer case to amsoil with bottle of lubgard red. front and rear diff to mobile one 75w80 synthetic with lubegard gear lube. and penzoil ultra w lubgard in the oil. truck is really happy now. normal driving oil psi went up from 35 psi to 45 psi after changing oil to synthetic. i changed after finding out the ultra oil is as good as amsoil minimus the extended interval.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.