ARGG....! Air suspension problem HELP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, ARGG....! Air suspension problem HELP in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, It's dark and gave up for today. I have read as much as I could in the search ...
    LACbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ARGG....! Air suspension problem HELP

Hello all,

It's dark and gave up for today. I have read as much as I could in the search forum and still NOTHING. Here is my problem.

2002 EXT
    -Compressor does not turn on
    -Checked compressor by bench test(dropped and connected straight to 12v and negative and it WORKS)
    -Checked all fuses; ENG1, STUD1, Green 30(trd?)
    -Checked ACL relay- disconnected and also connected straight to 12v and negative and it CLICKS
    -To top it all off, there is NO service ride control light on dashboard

Question: Since I did a bench test on the compressor and it turned on, can it still be bad and cause for it to no turn on when installed to truck?

WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE?!! Any suggestions? TIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by LACbaby
    Hello all,

It's dark and gave up for today. I have read as much as I could in the search forum and still NOTHING. Here is my problem.

2002 EXT
    -Compressor does not turn on
    -Checked compressor by bench test(dropped and connected straight to 12v and negative and it WORKS)
    -Checked all fuses; ENG1, STUD1, Green 30(trd?)
    -Checked ACL relay- disconnected and also connected straight to 12v and negative and it CLICKS
    -To top it all off, there is no dashboard light as well

Question: Since I did a bench test on the compressor and it turned on, can it still be bad and cause for it to no turn on when installed to truck?

WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE?!! Any suggestions? TIA!
    Are you getting the service ride control message if yes then the exhaust valve solenoid is bad and it means the compressor needs replacing
    But before you replace any parts I would go to a gm dealer and get the codes pulled(just make sure the compressor is on the truck and connected before you go
    If not yet the truck rides stable don't mess with it(my moms 02 is like this truck rides and handles great and stable the compressor don't do a thing yet no message just a stable and smooth ride

Re: ARGG....! Air suspension problem HELP

Thank you for the reply, I have NO service ride control message. Do you know if the exhaust valve solenoid is bad on the compressor, it will still kick on if I bench test it? When I removed the compressor from my truck, the compressor kicks on when I connected straight to 12v.

Thank you for the reply, I have NO service ride control message. Do you know if the exhaust valve solenoid is bad on the compressor, it will still kick on if I bench test it? When I removed the compressor from my truck, the compressor kicks on when I connected straight to 12v.
    The valve is worked separate from the motor and is opened and compressor start up to ease the starting draw of the compressor
    I ask you this has the trucks ride changed in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The valve is worked separate from the motor and is opened and compressor start up to ease the starting draw of the compressor
    I ask you this has the trucks ride changed in any way?
    Sorry, you lost me. The valve is worked separate? What you mean? I was trying to read what you said. Ride kinda changed, but not much. When it's loaded, truck does sag in the rear.

Sorry, you lost me. The valve is worked separate? What you mean? I was trying to read what you said. Ride kinda changed, but not much. When it's loaded, truck does sag in the rear.
    If its sagging then the compressor will need replacing(the compressor does the load leveling of the truck)

First I would take some soapy water and check the rear shocks for leaks(bubbles will appear if there is leaks) as they could have caused the compressor to fail

If its sagging then the compressor will need replacing(the compressor does the load leveling of the truck)
    It still will need replacing even though my compressor turns on if I directly connect it to 12v? I did a bench test on it after I dropped the compressor from truck and it kicked on.

It still will need replacing even though my compressor turns on if I directly connect it to 12v? I did a bench test on it after I dropped the compressor from truck and it kicked on.
    Yes as it works as a whole(one part can't be repaired separately)

PROBLEM SOLVED! CHANGED THE COMPRESSOR WITH A NEW ONE FROM THE DEALER. WORKING LIKE A CHAMP SO FAR.
    I guess lesson learned, the compressor can turn on if bench tested but it can still be BAD.

----------

Yes as it works as a whole(one part can't be repaired separately)
    Thanks for all your help, Cadillac man.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Yet another............

Congrats on fixing your problem that no one ever had here.

PROBLEM SOLVED! CHANGED THE COMPRESSOR WITH A NEW ONE FROM THE DEALER. WORKING LIKE A CHAMP SO FAR.
    I guess lesson learned, the compressor can turn on if bench tested but it can still be BAD.

----------

Thanks for all your help, Cadillac man.
    Glad to help I have to replace mine with the shocks(doing it in may) I had one shock blow out in the middle of the night the other blew out while i was driving at 60mph(both times it sounded like a gun going off)
    The first one was at 2 in the morning talk about being awake in seconds

Glad to help I have to replace mine with the shocks(doing it in may) I had one shock blow out in the middle of the night the other blew out while i was driving at 60mph(both times it sounded like a gun going off)
    The first one was at 2 in the morning talk about being awake in seconds
    I'm ordering my OEM rebuilt shocks from Arnott on Tuesday aswell. I have a leak on my rear driver. Makes sense why my compressor went out, it was working overtime.

I'm ordering my OEM rebuilt shocks from Arnott on Tuesday aswell. I have a leak on my rear driver. Makes sense why my compressor went out, it was working overtime.
    Contact them first as they have a lifetime warranty on those and all you would need to get is a new compressor

Contact them first as they have a lifetime warranty on those and all you would need to get is a new compressor
    Yup, contacting them on Tuesday. Also, I did buy a new compressor already from the dealer like I had mentioned above.

Yup, contacting them on Tuesday. Also, I did buy a new compressor already from the dealer like I had mentioned above.
    Let me know how it turns out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.