Drivers Seat switch and seat limited movement.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Drivers Seat switch and seat limited movement. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The first symptom I experienced was that the function of the drivers seat forward/backward switch was reversed. Now suddenly that ...
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Drivers Seat switch and seat limited movement.

The first symptom I experienced was that the function of the drivers seat forward/backward switch was reversed. Now suddenly that symptom corrected it's self while developing a new issue...the seat will not move all the way back on it's track as it did a few days ago. I researched this a bit and discovered that, Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Suburban and Escalades with the Memory Power Seat option are experiencing a software anomaly that the dealers have a Service Bulletin on.

I called the dealer and of course their reply is "Sure...bring your Escalade in along with all of your cash, check book, credit cards and other lines of credit so we can enhance our revenue stream investigating your problem."

Any of you guys had this happen and or found a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Drivers Seat switch and seat limited movement.

Wow!!! Fifty people have read this and it hasn't happened to them or anyone they know...I must be one in a million LOL!!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    The first symptom I experienced was that the function of the drivers seat forward/backward switch was reversed. Now suddenly that symptom corrected it's self while developing a new issue...the seat will not move all the way back on it's track as it did a few days ago. I researched this a bit and discovered that, Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Suburban and Escalades with the Memory Power Seat option are experiencing a software anomaly that the dealers have a Service Bulletin on.

I called the dealer and of course their reply is "Sure...bring your Escalade in along with all of your cash, check book, credit cards and other lines of credit so we can enhance our revenue stream investigating your problem."

Any of you guys had this happen and or found a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.
    If I had to guess its the drivers seat module under the seat

Seriously...GM SUV's have a memory seat software issue that has a Service Bulletin. I think this should be a recall safety issue myself, If we can't adjust the seat appropriately we are being forced into a hazardous position.

Maybe that nice lady from Cadillac Customer Service will read this and shine some light on it.

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

I had the exact issue with mine when I first bought it. There IS an anomaly with the firmware that acts up several years down the road. I took it to the dealer and advised them of the situation, and they reprogrammed it for around $80.... However i'm sure you could take it to ANY GM stealership and they may do it for much less.

Either way, its alot cheaper to pay them to re-flash the unit rather than tracking down a new one and replacing it.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    Seriously...GM SUV's have a memory seat software issue that has a Service Bulletin. I think this should be a recall safety issue myself, If we can't adjust the seat appropriately we are being forced into a hazardous position.

Maybe that nice lady from Cadillac Customer Service will read this and shine some light on it.
    Mine randomly loses the second driver position it has since I got the truck(I plan on mentioning it to the service guy at my local dealer when I get my shocks replaced)

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan View Post
    I had the exact issue with mine when I first bought it. There IS an anomaly with the firmware that acts up several years down the road. I took it to the dealer and advised them of the situation, and they reprogrammed it for around $80.... However i'm sure you could take it to ANY GM stealership and they may do it for much less.

Either way, its alot cheaper to pay them to re-flash the unit rather than tracking down a new one and replacing it.
    Thanks for that info

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60 View Post

Hello sprink60,

In order for me to be of further assistance, I need some private information from you. You can send this information: contact information, VIN# and current mileage to the private messages on this forum. Issues with vehicles are VIN# specific, so I want to do some further research on your VIN# before I provide you with answers and the next steps with this issue. Thank you, have a great night.

Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Laura...check your PM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.