Check Engine light came on yesterday , today stability system disabled message!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Check Engine light came on yesterday , today stability system disabled message!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok so I have a '03 Escalade with 112k, which I just purchased month ago. Yesterday check engine light came ...
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

Check Engine light came on yesterday , today stability system disabled message!!

Ok so I have a '03 Escalade with 112k, which I just purchased month ago. Yesterday check engine light came on and passed by a shop he connected the reader and said it was a air mass sensor that i need to replace, he reset the check engine light said if it comes up again to bring it in, also mentioned could need a tuneup since he said looks like plug wires are still original and most likely so are plugs...i shouldve got the code but totally forgot at that moment.

Now, today Stability System Disabled message came on.will i damage anything if i keep driving with it, does it go away? Right now I dont really feel no difference in car ride..

Im looking for a mechanic in my are to take it to i previously has a bmw and took it my mechanic but he dealt with european cars this is a cadiilac... so might be a difference...trying not to take it to a dealer since i knwo i'll probably get raped with their prices.

What do you guys suggest i do in terms of both issue??/

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    Ok so I have a '03 Escalade with 112k, which I just purchased month ago. Yesterday check engine light came on and passed by a shop he connected the reader and said it was a air mass sensor that i need to replace, he reset the check engine light said if it comes up again to bring it in, also mentioned could need a tuneup since he said looks like plug wires are still original and most likely so are plugs...i shouldve got the code but totally forgot at that moment.

Now, today Stability System Disabled message came on.will i damage anything if i keep driving with it, does it go away? Right now I dont really feel no difference in car ride..

Im looking for a mechanic in my are to take it to i previously has a bmw and took it my mechanic but he dealt with european cars this is a cadiilac... so might be a difference...trying not to take it to a dealer since i knwo i'll probably get raped with their prices.

What do you guys suggest i do in terms of both issue??/

thanks!
    The mass air flow sensor most likely needs cleaning(these 6.0s are picky about that)
    The stability disabled message can be anything (mine threw this message on long trips and it was the module firmware(dealer only)
    As far as a dealer any gm dealer can service it as the power train is the same as the other gm stablemates(this is a truck based suv)

That tuneup isn't hard to do I replaced my plugs in my driveway(didn't need wires as mine are good)I got the gm professional iridium plugs worth the money (if you have 100.000 or more miles then new plugs is a need)

Re: Check Engine light came on yesterday , today stability system disabled message!!

ok thanks for the input..the stability dis. messag goes away? is this something that needs to be looked at asap? will i notice something about ride or damage anything if i keep driving while message is on?

ok thanks for the input..the stability dis. messag goes away? is this something that needs to be looked at asap? will i notice something about ride or damage anything if i keep driving while message is on?
    You won't notice any difference or damage anything driving the truck like this most likely its the firmware needing updated in the ebcm mine did like this I had the firmware updated and it hasn't done it since

Re: Check Engine light came on yesterday , today stability system disabled message!!

I went Auto Zone to get my codes read, can anyone tell me what these are or what needs to be done??thanks!

P010
    CO283
    CO196
    CO455

I went Auto Zone to get my codes read, can anyone tell me what these are or what needs to be done??thanks!

P010
    CO283
    CO196
    CO455
    Need the full p code before I can look them up(I like to do them all at one time)

ahh man thats all i wrote down...

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Need the full p code before I can look them up(I like to do them all at one time)

ahh man thats all i wrote down...
    Ok I will work with what you got (sorry for taking so long between replies I was working on a tv)

----------

P010
    CO283
    CO196
    CO455
    The p code is most likely the mass air flow sensor(need the full code to be sure since there is109 p0100 codes
    The c0283 is for the the Stabilitrack system switch(its the button with the car with lines behind it)
    Mine would throw a service stability system message on long trips(yet throws a odd code) the dealer updated the firmware on the ebcm module and it fixed the issue so check with a dealer with this

The c0196 is also for the ebcm

I am going to guess the ebcm(electronic brake control module) is in need of replacing I would get to a dealer since the module may be going nutty

ok thank u sir!

ok thank u sir!
    As soon as you can get the full p code I will help you figure it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.