Dash air vent not working. Where is the vent deverter located?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Dash air vent not working. Where is the vent deverter located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an 05 Standard escalade with the digital climate control. The air is constantly being sent to the floor ...
    ptippett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Dash air vent not working. Where is the vent deverter located?

I have an 05 Standard escalade with the digital climate control. The air is constantly being sent to the floor and defroster regardless of the setting. Can someone hale me understand where the location of the vent diverter is in the dash? I have taken apart the lower behind the glove box and can not find the location. I am pretty certain the unit that controls the vent from opening is bad and needs replaced. All fuses are good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by ptippett
    I have an 05 Standard escalade with the digital climate control. The air is constantly being sent to the floor and defroster regardless of the setting. Can someone hale me understand where the location of the vent diverter is in the dash? I have taken apart the lower behind the glove box and can not find the location. I am pretty certain the unit that controls the vent from opening is bad and needs replaced. All fuses are good.
    Is it just the drivers side or both sides the drivers side actuator is on the bottom of the dash on the passenger side remove the kick panel and the drivers side actuator will be near the transmission hump and is held in with two screws
    That the temp door for the driver the others are buried in the dash

Re: Dash air vent not working. Where is the vent deverter located?

The vent issue is on both sides of the dash, neither work. Are there two different diverters? Does anyoine know why they would both not function at the same time? All fuses are good.

The vent issue is on both sides of the dash, neither work. Are there two different diverters? Does anyoine know why they would both not function at the same time? All fuses are good.
    They work at the same time as they are on the same flap
    Try this remove the hvac fuse in the under hood fuse box for about 2 mins or longer then put the fuse in and turn the key to run for 2 mins then off for 2 mins then start the truck and drive normal to recalibrate the front hvac unit

If this doesn't fix the issue then a visit to a local gm dealer is next as the work to remove the parts to gain access to replace the actuator is a lot for someone who doesn't know how the dash comes apart

Re: Dash air vent not working. Where is the vent deverter located?

Thanks Cadillac Man
    I reset the HVAC unit and still no air from dash vents. I am very mechanical and have been taking cars apart for 30 years, so removing the dash is not an issue. It would be nice to know the location of the actuator, so I would know how much of the dash needs to be removed.

Does anyone have any instructions on removing the dash to get to the actuator?

Thanks everyone

Thanks Cadillac Man
    I reset the HVAC unit and still no air from dash vents. I am very mechanical and have been taking cars apart for 30 years, so removing the dash is not an issue. It would be nice to know the location of the actuator, so I would know how much of the dash needs to be removed.

Does anyone have any instructions on removing the dash to get to the actuator?

Thanks everyone
    If you want I can look and see which sections of the service manual I have covers this and email it to you if you want just let me know

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.