My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; XS 500 engine Bay.jpg Well its all Done! Took me four months to get everything right, but its done. Thanks ...
    Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last!

XS 500 engine Bay.jpg

Well its all Done! Took me four months to get everything right, but its done. Thanks to everyone who chimed in, especially jjtwomey. I had the Supercharger rebuilt with upgraded bearings, and an aftermarket billet impeller. Went from 7 to almost 9lbs boost. Had a tensioner made, and while I had the front apart, changed the water pump, ac belt, blah blah. I took off the recirculating valve, and put on a blow-off valve. Now I get that WHOOSH when I let off at high RPM, also the charger whines, so its no sleeper anymore. Not a big deal to me, just happy to have it back to its full Throw you back in your seat potential. I know the engine bay is dirty, I will get that cleaned up. just so glad to be done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last!

2003 escalade back.jpg

Yea I have to shine up those exhaust tips, any tips on that?

2003 Escalade front.jpg

Yes the headlights need to be cleaned.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Congrats and WTG!!! Good looking vehicle to boot.

Any chance of getting a sound clip of that bad boy?

jjtwomey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade 500XS
    Congratulations nice work, glad to help a fellow xs 500 owner enjoy your new power I bet it sounds great with the blow off valve

That color looks awesome too, never seen any like it near me

----------

Congratulations nice work, glad to help a fellow xs 500 owner enjoy your new power I bet it sounds great with the blow off valve

chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv

I'd love to have an XS. Now get a video of in full throttle

I will try to get a video of 0-60. The Blow off Valve is hardly ever used, being an automatic, but its cool when it does. I am guessing thats why I can get away with using it, without setting off the Mass Air Flow sensor.

boge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade
    Great looking truck! What year is it? Does that xs 500 come from the factory or is that all mods you did yourself? I never seen or heard of one until now. I love my escalade but I would love it even more with 500 ponys

Quote Originally Posted by boge View Post
    Great looking truck! What year is it? Does that xs 500 come from the factory or is that all mods you did yourself? I never seen or heard of one until now. I love my escalade but I would love it even more with 500 ponys
    Thanks man, its a 2003. I have 115000 miles on it. The XS-500 was a factory option. If you google it, there is more detail. Mine came with the engine mods, (Supercharger, upgraded fuel pump, bigger injectors,) The dual exhaust, bigger brakes, and a few cosmetic touches. Retailed new for almost $100,000.00. I did not know much about these until I found this one. The guy I bought it from had no clue either. That helped me out. I went from 7lbs factory boost, to almost 9lbs, so I should be making in excess of the factory 522 horsepower.

boge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade
    Nice!!! Sounds like my dream truck. Great find, I'm jealous. Enjoy your truck

jjtwomey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade 500XS
    Quote Originally Posted by boge View Post
    Nice!!! Sounds like my dream truck. Great find, I'm jealous. Enjoy your truck
    Yeah these things are mint, crazy thing is mine uses Ford injectors, I supposedly have the last 3 left in America for my spares I found that to be pretty funny seeing as its 90% a Chevy

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtwomey

Yeah these things are mint, crazy thing is mine uses Ford injectors, I supposedly have the last 3 left in America for my spares I found that to be pretty funny seeing as its 90% a Chevy
    When upgrades are added anything can be possible on parts

bpc87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jjtwomey View Post

----------

From the back it looks black but you can clearly tell from the front its the forest green color they made idk the exact name of it but it is indeed rare to find i look on autotrader every month or so to see whats out there for colors and price and found that the green and the cherry red also cant remember the exact name are the hardest colors to find. They made another red too but it looks like a fire engine red in my opinion i think its ugly

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87 View Post
    From the back it looks black but you can clearly tell from the front its the forest green color they made idk the exact name of it but it is indeed rare to find i look on autotrader every month or so to see whats out there for colors and price and found that the green and the cherry red also cant remember the exact name are the hardest colors to find. They made another red too but it looks like a fire engine red in my opinion i think its ugly
    I hate the red, not to bash those who like it. I always thought I would want Black or white. Did not even realize there was a green. When I saw it, I was not crazy about the color, but it grew on me, and I like that there are not 10 in my town that look just like mine. I have also seen one that is a dark Blue. not sure if it was a factory color though.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophusp

I hate the red, not to bash those who like it. I always thought I would want Black or white. Did not even realize there was a green. When I saw it, I was not crazy about the color, but it grew on me, and I like that there are not 10 in my town that look just like mine. I have also seen one that is a dark Blue. not sure if it was a factory color though.
    Also red makes it a target for theft (higher insurance cost as a result)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.