My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by bpc87 From the back it looks black but you can clearly tell from the front its the ...
    Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Re: My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last!

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87 View Post
    From the back it looks black but you can clearly tell from the front its the forest green color they made idk the exact name of it but it is indeed rare to find i look on autotrader every month or so to see whats out there for colors and price and found that the green and the cherry red also cant remember the exact name are the hardest colors to find. They made another red too but it looks like a fire engine red in my opinion i think its ugly
    Yeah i think the green is the Metallic Envy Green, there was one for sale on craigslist a while back! I drove almost 6 hours to buy my truck it is the Rip Tide Blue! Looks kind of green when its cloudy but really metallic blue in the direct sun! lol Its pretty funny everyones always asking what color it is because it totally depends on how your looking at the truck or how the sun just happens to be hitting it! Its a beautiful color like almost every cadillac color out there! But yeah i have never seen this model of Escalade before! good stuff man!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jophusp View Post
    I hate the red, not to bash those who like it. I always thought I would want Black or white. Did not even realize there was a green. When I saw it, I was not crazy about the color, but it grew on me, and I like that there are not 10 in my town that look just like mine. I have also seen one that is a dark Blue. not sure if it was a factory color though.
    Yes its Rip Tide Blue, and its factory! thats one of the many things I like about my truck, you dont see it every where like you do Black or Pearl/Diamond White! I live in a really big city and I have only seen 1 other Escalade the same color as mine, but i have seen a couple tahoe's and yukon's close to the same color!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin
    Yeah i think the green is the Metallic Envy Green, there was one for sale on craigslist a while back! I drove almost 6 hours to buy my truck it is the Rip Tide Blue! Looks kind of green when its cloudy but really metallic blue in the direct sun! lol Its pretty funny everyones always asking what color it is because it totally depends on how your looking at the truck or how the sun just happens to be hitting it! Its a beautiful color like almost every cadillac color out there! But yeah i have never seen this model of Escalade before! good stuff man!

----------

Yes its Rip Tide Blue, and its factory! thats one of the many things I like about my truck, you dont see it every where like you do Black or Pearl/Diamond White! I live in a really big city and I have only seen 1 other Escalade the same color as mine, but i have seen a couple tahoe's and yukon's close to the same color!
    They are the same color(most likely under a different name) but that is a different color then what most escalades are in(there is a few black ones besides mine and my moms) I have seen a couple in pearl white and one in red no blue one yet

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    They are the same color(most likely under a different name) but that is a different color then what most escalades are in(there is a few black ones besides mine and my moms) I have seen a couple in pearl white and one in red no blue one yet
    Yeah you def dont see many blue escalades especially ones that look green from a different angle lol, but you got regular Black and also the Raven Black, which is the most common i see besides pearl white!....diamond/pearl white is BY FAR the most popular color for caddy owners, dont matter what the vehicle is,but you see that color at every corner in my area! I dont think ive ever personally seen the envy metallic green, I just seen one of craigslist a few months back, and the guy had in the listing that it was a factory color in '03

Here this is the Green Envy Metallic..... I love this "good hood" by the way! does anyone have any experience with one of these bad boys? Has anyone bought/installed the whole kit? i know you can just buy the hood without the filter system or whatever comes with the kit!? do they help with gas mileage/power etc...?
    ...I will upload pic's of my rip tide blue in a few days once the SNOW melts! lol yes, I live in Iowa and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground!
    Attached Images

sorry reposted on accident

Here this is the Green Envy Metallic..... I love this "good hood" by the way! does anyone have any experience with one of these bad boys? Has anyone bought/installed the whole kit? i know you can just buy the hood without the filter system or whatever comes with the kit!? do they help with gas mileage/power etc...?
    ...I will upload pic's of my rip tide blue in a few days once the SNOW melts! lol yes, I live in Iowa and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground!
    Sweet pics btw nice hood

Thanks but its not my truck, its one I seen on craiglist about 3 months ago lol, its still on there for sale! hes only asking $22,000 for a 2003, I couldnt imagine why he hasnt sold it yet! LOL I def want that hood though, they are anywhere from 500-1200 depending on where you look online! You can spend a little extra for the kit that supposedly helps with torque/power and mileage but who knows, either way i think they look really good!
    Sweet pics btw nice hood

Thanks but its not my truck, its one I seen on craiglist about 3 months ago lol, its still on there for sale! hes only asking $22,000 for a 2003, I couldnt imagine why he hasnt sold it yet! LOL I def want that hood though, they are anywhere from 500-1200 depending on where you look online! You can spend a little extra for the kit that supposedly helps with torque/power and mileage but who knows, either way i think they look really good!
    I am going to guess you mean the forced air intake on the hood but that's one pricey hood even though it looks sweet

I am going to guess you mean the forced air intake on the hood but that's one pricey hood even though it looks sweet
    lol yes pricey, but i think its worth it! ...If you think about it, its ALOT cheaper then rims! Just the tires for big wheels is a g for a good set! I got a good deal on a set of Lexani tires for my 24's, they were normally just over $1100 and I paid $975! ...I found the hood with the intake system on a couple different websites for 650!

lol yes pricey, but i think its worth it! ...If you think about it, its ALOT cheaper then rims! Just the tires for big wheels is a g for a good set! I got a good deal on a set of Lexani tires for my 24's, they were normally just over $1100 and I paid $975! ...I found the hood with the intake system on a couple different websites for 650!
    Sotrure rims are pricier then hoods which I would get first(rims wouldn't last long on my road especially 24 inch rims heck there is potholes as big as my stock 17's )

The hood looks sweet though(I seen a hummer h2 with fog lights in the hood defiantly a different look for a h2 in black wish I had a pic of it)

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Those 24"s are goofy lookin as hell, might as well throw some Hydraulics on there too. The hood looks different, but I prefer the stock look, ( its not a sports car ). Either way, going to have a hard time getting that money out of it. The Rip Tide Blue looks good Man, There is one here in my town, but they Chromed the livin out of it too. Im sure your truck looks awesome, cant wait to see it.

Sentinelist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV, Black Raven/black, Platinum wheels, 97k

Holy crap, I had not heard of this iteration! A quick search found the link below, recommended for a quick synopsis. Is this kit still available? As the owner of a supercharged Jag as well, I am interested. Especially since it was never 'offered' for my ESV.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0/viewall.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelist
    Holy crap, I had not heard of this iteration! A quick search found the link below, recommended for a quick synopsis. Is this kit still available? As the owner of a supercharged Jag as well, I am interested. Especially since it was never 'offered' for my ESV.

The kit for the escalade is only on the used market as far as I know

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelist View Post

It is not easy to find many for sale. it is not an option on the new Escalades. But the kit is pretty simple, and all upgrades could be done by someone with minimum experience, except maybe the computer. At least in my case, here is what My XS-500 came with.

Powerdyne BD11-A, 7lbs boost stock. ( Upgraded bearings, belt, and billet impeller, now almost 9lbs boost )
    Air Aid cold air intake setup post charger.
    Bigger Fuel Pump,
    Bigger Injectors,
    Dual Exhaust,
    Re-programed Computer,
    Some minor cosmetic touches,

Sounds like a beast, drives like one too. I love my Lade! so glad I found one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jophusp

It is not easy to find many for sale. it is not an option on the new Escalades. But the kit is pretty simple, and all upgrades could be done by someone with minimum experience, except maybe the computer. At least in my case, here is what My XS-500 came with.

Powerdyne BD11-A, 7lbs boost stock. ( Upgraded bearings, belt, and billet impeller, now almost 9lbs boost )
    Air Aid cold air intake setup post charger.
    Bigger Fuel Pump,
    Bigger Injectors,
    Dual Exhaust,
    Re-programed Computer,
    Some minor cosmetic touches,

Sounds like a beast, drives like one too. I love my Lade! so glad I found one.
    A tuner might be able to take care of the computer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.