Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: quick ? about removing the compressor for your suspension

chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv

quick ? about removing the compressor for your suspension

A local used parts store has a compressor in stock. My ? Is while I'm removing the compressor do have to worry about my truck losing air in the rear shocks? I never messed with this ever, compressor has not been working sinve I owned the truck and it haz never lowered so i wanna say the shocks are fine, and its not the relay. Ill do a bench test on the compressor first before I buy the other to make sure its the problem. But I just wanna make sure the truck will not lower on me while the compressor is out. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by chacho44
    A local used parts store has a compressor in stock. My ? Is while I'm removing the compressor do have to worry about my truck losing air in the rear shocks? I never messed with this ever, compressor has not been working sinve I owned the truck and it haz never lowered so i wanna say the shocks are fine, and its not the relay. Ill do a bench test on the compressor first before I buy the other to make sure its the problem. But I just wanna make sure the truck will not lower on me while the compressor is out. Thanks
    It won't unless it is higher then normal ride hight
    I had both my shocks blow out on me and the trucks ride hight never lowered unless I had a trailer on the hitch

chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv

Re: quick ? about removing the compressor for your suspension

It has never lowered since I owned it. I do t think the shock are blown out since its never lowered, and cause it still rides fine.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by chacho44
    It has never lowered since I owned it. I do t think the shock are blown out since its never lowered, and cause it still rides fine.
    The way to check is the spray test
    Take some soapy water in a spray bottle and soak both shocks while working the rear up and down that will tell us if the shocks have any leaks