Easily broke into my 2006 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Easily broke into my 2006 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Someone broke into my 2006 Escalade, and it seemed like it was pretty easy for them. They stuck maybe a ...
    Zicky67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Easily broke into my 2006 Escalade

Someone broke into my 2006 Escalade, and it seemed like it was pretty easy for them. They stuck maybe a screwdriver under the key area (Drivers side off course), and I guess moved the screwdriver around, and opened the door. At least that's what someone told me. Hard for me to believe that a company such as Cadillac would build such a lock that is so easy to get into, and I was wondering if there is a way I can prevent that from happening again, besides just getting a better alarm ?

/Users/Isaacjean/Desktop/photo.JPG
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zicky67
    Someone broke into my 2006 Escalade, and it seemed like it was pretty easy for them. They stuck maybe a screwdriver under the key area (Drivers side off course), and I guess moved the screwdriver around, and opened the door. At least that's what someone told me. Hard for me to believe that a company such as Cadillac would build such a lock that is so easy to get into, and I was wondering if there is a way I can prevent that from happening again, besides just getting a better alarm ?

/Users/Isaacjean/Desktop/photo.JPG
    I know of 2 options 1-disconnect that rod, however if the battery dies you wont be able to get in either 2- on the doorlock actuator there are two plugs, one is the actuator power and the other is the alarm arm and disarm signal from the key switch, at least if this happens again it wont disable the factory alarm however either option still leads to door damage. Lets see what other input comes in

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by wesyder

I know of 2 options 1-disconnect that rod, however if the battery dies you wont be able to get in either 2- on the doorlock actuator there are two plugs, one is the actuator power and the other is the alarm arm and disarm signal from the key switch, at least if this happens again it wont disable the factory alarm however either option still leads to door damage. Lets see what other input comes in
    I am going to agree on this but it could have been worse(eg stripped and gutted truck) look up the thread Black Friday sucks that is a site I think no one wants to see
    But getting a good aftermarket alarm is a good choice due to proximity sensors and the like
    I have thought of just replacing the front door handle trim panels with one for the rear doors to prevent something like this from happening

There is a thing that goes behind the door handle inside the door to reduce the possibility of this happening(I forget what it is called)

capriRS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT

Re: Easily broke into my 2006 Escalade

I know your exact feeling! Atleast who ever did yours, knew how to do it correctly! The dumb@ss who broke in to mine molested the whole bottom side of the handle opening. Imagine what yours looks like but only starting at the front side of the handle and going all the way to where yours is! Thats what mine looks like now! Either way it suck!

Quote Originally Posted by capriRS
    I know your exact feeling! Atleast who ever did yours, knew how to do it correctly! The dumb@ss who broke in to mine molested the whole bottom side of the handle opening. Imagine what yours looks like but only starting at the front side of the handle and going all the way to where yours is! Thats what mine looks like now! Either way it suck!
    That does suck

capriRS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT

All for a purse in the passenger seat.. Didnt even have anything in the purse. it was a old empty one.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

This is one of a couple companies I researched when our drivers door was "screwdrivered" a year and a half ago. There are cheaper and more expensive versions.

http://www.trucksecurity.com/JJGM99detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by capriRS
    All for a purse in the passenger seat.. Didnt even have anything in the purse. it was a old empty one.
    You knew it was empty but the thief didn't hence the break in I suggest keeping any valuables hidden if leaving them in the truck

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

that's why i like having all windows tinted

Quote Originally Posted by djais1801
    that's why i like having all windows tinted
    Mines tinted and I love having them like that it does help keep theft down (though I did have one nut look in the truck with me sitting in the truck while I was at a parade) and it keeps the interior temps cooler

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv
    This is one of a couple companies I researched when our drivers door was "screwdrivered" a year and a half ago. There are cheaper and more expensive versions.

http://www.trucksecurity.com/JJGM99detail.html
    That the device I was talking a out

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

+1 for the Jimmy Jammers... I installed them on all 4 doors on my truck after a break-in...

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    +1 for the Jimmy Jammers... I installed them on all 4 doors on my truck after a break-in...
    Don't forget the hatch depending on the year

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.