Boxcalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Boxcalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; What do you get when you add 1: part 6.0 LQ9 Escalade to 1: part Box Impala ??? BOXCALADE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOQGEwrM0U...
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Boxcalade

What do you get when you add 1: part 6.0 LQ9 Escalade to 1: part Box Impala ???

BOXCALADE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOQGEwrM0U

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

Re: Boxcalade

I would like to see an 82-89 Fleetwood Brougham with the 6.0 engine in it. Those cars never really had a chance because they were so slow.

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

I have a neighbor with a '65 Fleetwood that he built a 500 cu in Cadillac motor for...mild cam..head wok. Made 450 horse on the Dyno with 500 ft lbs torque. With the Turbo 400 beefed up it runs strong. The big weak spot in his car is the brakes. The car will run 125~130 in a blink but it' scary as hell ...if he had to stop...oh well...find a BIG field to slow down in.LOL

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan
    I would like to see an 82-89 Fleetwood Brougham with the 6.0 engine in it. Those cars never really had a chance because they were so slow.
    That was due to the EPA in forcing the clean air act and wanted to make cars more efficient with the current fuel delivery tech

My 79 Chrysler cordoba has 100 and something hp stock thanks to the EPA which the 5.2 could crank out a lot more hp then it does now if tuned right

My 75' with the emission era 500 actually does get up and go pretty well, but yeah, same story, the thing takes a football field to stop!

And Yeah, the EPA screwed Cadillac in the 1980s. The wretched HT4100 in the full size RWDs was painful. Though From 91 and up they got back on their game, the 4.9 was a hell of an engine! I would of liked to see how the Cadillac lineup would of been from 77 and up if they were never forced to downsize and put tiny engines in them

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan
    My 75' with the emission era 500 actually does get up and go pretty well, but yeah, same story, the thing takes a football field to stop!

And Yeah, the EPA screwed Cadillac in the 1980s. The wretched HT4100 in the full size RWDs was painful. Though From 91 and up they got back on their game, the 4.9 was a hell of an engine! I would of liked to see how the Cadillac lineup would of been from 77 and up if they were never forced to downsize and put tiny engines in them
    I ain't saying the car is weak it just the EPA did Chrysler the same way they did Cadillac the 5.2 (318 cid)in my car could be downright scary if it was like the older cars that Chrysler made in the muscle car era the cordoba peaked at 79 then bottomed due to downsizing and it still being called a luxury car(the slant six didn't help the big car in the 80's) they discounted it in 84
    It is also a hard to stop car due to it being so heavy(gvwr 5600 pounds)

Oh sorry, I wasn;t calling it weak, didn't intend to imply that.

The car my parents had when i was growing up was an 84' Toyota "van" with the 2.0 OHV engine. I think that thing was the slowest vehicle on the face of the planet.. seating for 7, dual air conditioners, and a whopping 80 something horsepower. Funny that in the brochure it shows it towing a boat! YEAH RIGHT! I wish it were still around though, lots of nostalgic childhood memories in that van...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.