2005 Electrical Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Electrical Help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi Folks! Kind of an interesting situation I have with my '05 Escalade. I am in the process of trying ...
    starnold is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade Gold Edition

2005 Electrical Help

Hi Folks!
    Kind of an interesting situation I have with my '05 Escalade. I am in the process of trying to figure out why I only have 10.9v
    at the cigarette lighter socket. The one by the ashtray. Today I disassembled the console and was able to determine that the
    harness is only supplying 10.9v.....I traced it through the large plug under the cup holders, but from there it goes up front
    under the dash, and I'm lost!! I did check to see if making the ground better would help, not any different. Anyone ever had an issue like this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this specific piece of the harness? Any tips or tricks would be great!
    Thanks,
    Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by starnold
    Hi Folks!
    Kind of an interesting situation I have with my '05 Escalade. I am in the process of trying to figure out why I only have 10.9v
    at the cigarette lighter socket. The one by the ashtray. Today I disassembled the console and was able to determine that the
    harness is only supplying 10.9v.....I traced it through the large plug under the cup holders, but from there it goes up front
    under the dash, and I'm lost!! I did check to see if making the ground better would help, not any different. Anyone ever had an issue like this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this specific piece of the harness? Any tips or tricks would be great!
    Thanks,
    Seth
    I would clean the battery terminals before I do anything

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: 2005 Electrical Help

Is it 10.9v all the time? What's the voltage when running vs truck off?

Quote Originally Posted by 6lbsofSound
    Is it 10.9v all the time? What's the voltage when running vs truck off?
    It should be no less then 11-12 volt depending on the size of the battery

Thanks for the tips so far! I'll clean the battery today and retest. It is 10.9v all the time. Must be that this voltage is too low for anything to work in this outlet. Can't get anything that I plug in to power up. Thanks again!!!

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: 2005 Electrical Help

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    It should be no less then 11-12 volt depending on the size of the battery
    Why do you feel the need to post useless info? And one up people on here? I was asking the OP a question in order to get more info an point him in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by 6lbsofSound

Why do you feel the need to post useless info? And one up people on here? I was asking the OP a question in order to get more info an point him in the right direction.
    I was just saying it could be the battery getting a bad cell(which I had happen to me before) but if you think it was useless then that was a insult

Quote Originally Posted by starnold
    Thanks for the tips so far! I'll clean the battery today and retest. It is 10.9v all the time. Must be that this voltage is too low for anything to work in this outlet. Can't get anything that I plug in to power up. Thanks again!!!
    Most things that run off 12 volt will work with 11volt minimum

Still chasing this nightmare! I have traced it back to the main harness. Anybody have or know where I can look at a wiring diagram?

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by starnold View Post
    Still chasing this nightmare! I have traced it back to the main harness. Anybody have or know where I can look at a wiring diagram?
    Here is a thread I started with digital service manuals. Wiring diagrams are also among the many other manuals. They are all free to download...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d.php?t=281422

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43

Here is a thread I started with digital service manuals. Wiring diagrams are also among the many other manuals. They are all free to download...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d.php?t=281422
    Mike can you email I have something to ask you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.