1st post, 2002 vs 2003 to 2005 EXT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 1st post, 2002 vs 2003 to 2005 EXT in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all, 1st post but I have been reading a ton for about a week. I have been looking for ...
    65kaiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1st post, 2002 vs 2003 to 2005 EXT

Hi all, 1st post but I have been reading a ton for about a week. I have been looking for a clean low mileage EXT 2003 to 2005, but I have run across a nice low mileage 2002, what if any are the drawbacks to a 2002 compared to a 2003 to a 2005.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 65kaiser
    Hi all, 1st post but I have been reading a ton for about a week. I have been looking for a clean low mileage EXT 2003 to 2005, but I have run across a nice low mileage 2002, what if any are the drawbacks to a 2002 compared to a 2003 to a 2005.
    Thanks in advance.
    Different interior
    03-06 has hid low beams 02 has halogen bulbs
    Different audio systems
    Different data bus
    Different steering wheel

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Re: 1st post, 2002 vs 2003 to 2005 EXT

I have an 02, and like you I wanted 03 and up, but the deal on the 02 was worth t and the sound system sounds great still bassy with the center consol sub. It runs great, interior is still nice but the seats are different then the newer ones. Steering wheel is different but still classy, I love the truck.

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

i personally like the speedometer of the 02 better than the 03-06's

jjtwomey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade 500XS
    I looked at newer ones but was always drawn to the older body lines... I like the boxy yet sporty lines as opposed to the newer ones which seem rolly polly

I too couldn't pass up the deal I got on my very low mileage ext xs500 version... Couldn't be happier

Quote Originally Posted by jjtwomey
    I looked at newer ones but was always drawn to the older body lines... I like the boxy yet sporty lines as opposed to the newer ones which seem rolly polly

I too couldn't pass up the deal I got on my very low mileage ext xs500 version... Couldn't be happier
    I would be also with 500 horses under the hood

jjtwomey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade 500XS
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post

I would be also with 500 horses under the hood
    Haha that's always nice too
    I eventually want another newer one but really prefer the older body maybe ill just restore it in 10 years

kaiseresko is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): esko

If you don't plan on changing stuff around 02 is fine. But keep in mind 02 has different everything from other years so you can't do much. For example, if you want to put in a touch screen gps unit it will require fabrication. Window switches, wiring, and everything else are different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiseresko
    If you don't plan on changing stuff around 02 is fine. But keep in mind 02 has different everything from other years so you can't do much. For example, if you want to put in a touch screen gps unit it will require fabrication. Window switches, wiring, and everything else are different as well.
    The only thing that is the same on the 02-06 body style is the body panels there is a lot of stuff different in the 02 and it harder to do a double din radio in the 02 vs 03 and up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.