Air shock slow leak?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Air shock slow leak? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just replaced the air ride compressor on my '05 at 95,000 miles. I noticed that the air bladders on ...
    caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Air shock slow leak?

I just replaced the air ride compressor on my '05 at 95,000 miles. I noticed that the air bladders on the original air shocks do have some small crack in them. I sprayed them down to check for any leaks, but couldn't find any. After a few hours, the bladders are soft. Is there an air leak, or do they usually bleed down after a while?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    I just replaced the air ride compressor on my '05 at 95,000 miles. I noticed that the air bladders on the original air shocks do have some small crack in them. I sprayed them down to check for any leaks, but couldn't find any. After a few hours, the bladders are soft. Is there an air leak, or do they usually bleed down after a while?
    They should be firm try letting the truck run with the doors closed to build up pressure in the system before spraying the shocks and lines with soapy water and look for bubbles as there is a leak somewhere in the system

Sentinelist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV, Black Raven/black, Platinum wheels, 97k

Re: Air shock slow leak?

Aside from sounding like a jackhammer two houses down, my compressor still works fine (?) but the dealer told me my rear shocks were slowly leaking- we're at about the same mileage.

I have not spray tested but believe it and plan to go with the Arnotts at some point this year. Probably when the truck actually starts sagging- it's not yet. I have too many other projects going right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelist
    Aside from sounding like a jackhammer two houses down, my compressor still works fine (?) but the dealer told me my rear shocks were slowly leaking- we're at about the same mileage.

I have not spray tested but believe it and plan to go with the Arnotts at some point this year. Probably when the truck actually starts sagging- it's not yet. I have too many other projects going right now.
    I would replace the compressor at the same time to be on the safe side that is what I am doing just have to get the shocks

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: Air shock slow leak?

I went ahead and installed a pair of Arnott/Bilstein air shocks, so hopefully that will solve the problem. The compressor ran for quite a while when I first started the truck up today, so I'm sure the shocks have slow leaks.
    Between the compressor, air shocks and a new battery, I've put $650 in 2 weeks into it! That'd be the monthly payment on a new one, so I'm ok with that!

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    I went ahead and installed a pair of Arnott/Bilstein air shocks, so hopefully that will solve the problem. The compressor ran for quite a while when I first started the truck up today, so I'm sure the shocks have slow leaks.
    Between the compressor, air shocks and a new battery, I've put $650 in 2 weeks into it! That'd be the monthly payment on a new one, so I'm ok with that!
    Trust me working shocks is better then worn shocks same with the battery

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.