Any success programming keyfob for 03 Escalade EXT?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Any success programming keyfob for 03 Escalade EXT? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I just bought a 2003 Escalade EXT. It came with one automate keyfob that worked. I bought another one ...
    mel- is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT

Any success programming keyfob for 03 Escalade EXT?

Hi,

I just bought a 2003 Escalade EXT. It came with one automate keyfob that worked. I bought another one online and need to get that programmed.

I tried contacting my local cadillac dealer and they said they could only program Gm keyfobs.

I searched on the forums here and found instructions for the 2003 Escalade but they did not work ;( I tried several times.

I have called around to all of my area locksmiths and so far I have found none at all that do programming ! I am just outside the Indpls area.

Has anyone had any luck programming one for this model and could you give me a link to instructions? Like I said, I did try instructions from the forums.

Or, if anyone is in the Indy area, do you know a locksmith able to program them?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Melinda

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

Re: Any success programming keyfob for 03 Escalade EXT?

I bought one of the FOBs from ace hardware and the instructions worked for my 03' ESV Here's their instructions:

OBP Instructions GM-4

Important: All remotes for vehicle must be present at time of programming. Remotes not present will become inoperable.

1-Enter the vehicle and close all doors.
    2-Insert key into the ignition (do not start engine).
    3-Press and hold the UNLOCK button on the driver side door.
    4-Quickly, turn the key in the ignition to the ON position (do not start engine) and then turn key to OFF two times.
    5-Release the UNLOCK button. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
    6-Press and hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the remote until the door locks and unlocks. (This could take up to 30 seconds.)
    7-Repeat step 6 for each additional remote.
    8- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit programming mode.
    9-Remove the ignition key. Verify each remote has been successfully programmed.

thanks for that. those are the instructions I found here in the forums and I just can't get them to work (just went out and tried again).

it does seem to go into programming mode and out of it at the end.

I did take the working fob far far away so it wouldnt get screwed up. I was afraid I would end up with none working

I just ordered a genuine gm one so maybe that one will work. darn.

I did finally find a place that does them. they want $99 per remote and $31 per key (I only received one). wow. think I'll try some more calling around before paying that (and my keys don't have the chip so don't need their service at that price).

I think I'll call my local gm dealer to see if they can program this automate one and at what price. I don't think cadillac was right in that they couldn't as it looks like looking around the net that shouldn't be true.

thanks again.

Melinda

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by mel-
    thanks for that. those are the instructions I found here in the forums and I just can't get them to work (just went out and tried again).

it does seem to go into programming mode and out of it at the end.

I did take the working fob far far away so it wouldnt get screwed up. I was afraid I would end up with none working

I just ordered a genuine gm one so maybe that one will work. darn.

I did finally find a place that does them. they want $99 per remote and $31 per key (I only received one). wow. think I'll try some more calling around before paying that (and my keys don't have the chip so don't need their service at that price).

I think I'll call my local gm dealer to see if they can program this automate one and at what price. I don't think cadillac was right in that they couldn't as it looks like looking around the net that shouldn't be true.

thanks again.

Melinda
    Any gm dealer can program a remote and the key can be ordered the same way a lot cheaper then a caddy dealer

thanks ! I will give them a call tomorrow. probably wait until this third fob comes in to have them all programmed together. frustrating. I just wanted an extra one in case I lose the original.

thanks ! I will give them a call tomorrow. probably wait until this third fob comes in to have them all programmed together. frustrating. I just wanted an extra one in case I lose the original.
    Your welcome FYI they can program the remotes with the tech-2 which is easier and quicker

just to update:

I receive the gm brand new remote. the one that came with the truck was an automate and I bought a used one exactly like it.

the gm brand I was able to program with the instructions (same as posted above). still cannot get the second automate to program so even though the green light on it blinks when you push a button it must be defective. need to decide whether to bother to return it or not (was cheap used bought online).

one more question if anyone knows:

when I put the alarm button on the automate (original) remote, the horn blinks a couple of times and thats about all

when I push the alarm button on the new gm brand remote there is all kinds of racket sounding like a police siren amongst other sounds.

any idea why one remote triggers that and the other doesn't?

thanks again.

just to update:

I receive the gm brand new remote. the one that came with the truck was an automate and I bought a used one exactly like it.

the gm brand I was able to program with the instructions (same as posted above). still cannot get the second automate to program so even though the green light on it blinks when you push a button it must be defective. need to decide whether to bother to return it or not (was cheap used bought online).

one more question if anyone knows:

when I put the alarm button on the automate (original) remote, the horn blinks a couple of times and thats about all

when I push the alarm button on the new gm brand remote there is all kinds of racket sounding like a police siren amongst other sounds.

any idea why one remote triggers that and the other doesn't?

thanks again.
    The automate remote works a alarm that is not controlled by the gm remote

thanks! is that siren like alarm the system that came with the cadillac or has it had another system installed? is there anyway for me to tell easily? looking under the hood or some box inside the truck? it's really annoying. the truck came from new york but I am in Indiana on a farm and my closest neighbor is half a mile away. no real crime here to need that kind of alarm (though I did have a subaru stolen right out of my drive I had left the keys in it we have so little crime !)

thanks! is that siren like alarm the system that came with the cadillac or has it had another system installed? is there anyway for me to tell easily? looking under the hood or some box inside the truck? it's really annoying. the truck came from new york but I am in Indiana on a farm and my closest neighbor is half a mile away. no real crime here to need that kind of alarm (though I did have a subaru stolen right out of my drive I had left the keys in it we have so little crime !)
    Most alarm systems are installed inside the vehicle and should be obvious

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Where's the best place to get a replacement fob? I need one I currently use the key to unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218
    Where's the best place to get a replacement fob? I need one I currently use the key to unlock
    You have to find out the brand of the alarm system and order one through the company or online if you have then part number

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    You have to find out the brand of the alarm system and order one through the company or online if you have then part number
    I'm talking just a factory key fob for my stock 02 escalade, doesn't have an aftermarket alarm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218

I'm talking just a factory key fob for my stock 02 escalade, doesn't have an aftermarket alarm at all.
    Oops I have the reprogramming steps on my laptop i will post them tomorrow for you

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Oops I have the reprogramming steps on my laptop i will post them tomorrow for you
    I mean, I don't have an actual key fob, I bought my truck and it only came with the ignition/door key, so I want to buy a fob but as cheaply as I can, and then program it to my truck. I just don't know where the best place to find a key fob for my 02 Escalade is. Any recommendations? Then ill need help programming it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.