Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2000 Escalade HELP!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
This afternoon I was on the freeway and all of the sudden it became sluggish then a few minutes later the check engine light comes on so as soon as I got off the freeway it just died. I checked all gauges as soon as I saw the check engine light on but nothing was out of the ordinary. So shortly after it died I noticed smoke coming out from under the hood. I just replaced my radiator roughly a week ago and had no issues. So long story short now there is water in the oil. Could this be a blown head gasket, cracked head, or block by chance? Any advice would be great.

#4 ·
I didn't see any smoke coming out of the tail pipe when this incident occurred, however I am unable to get it started and take it to get tested to see what codes come up :\ The only smoke or steam was coming from under the hood starting from the battery to where the overflow container is.

----------

why did you replace the radiator...was it because of a previous overheating? if so, maybe the heads got warped
I replaced the radiator because there was a nasty muddy substance in the radiator. I have never had any over heating issues previously.

#5 ·
SpeedinBitch said:
I didn't see any smoke coming out of the tail pipe when this incident occurred, however I am unable to get it started and take it to get tested to see what codes come up :\ The only smoke or steam was coming from under the hood starting from the battery to where the overflow container is.

----------

I replaced the radiator because there was a nasty muddy substance in the radiator. I have never had any over heating issues previously.
Will the truck not crank?
If not you may have to borrow a code scanner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.