squeak I can't find
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, squeak I can't find in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Every bump or crack in the road I hit makes a squeak. It's behind the drivers seat, I have an ...
    jjtwomey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade 500XS

squeak I can't find

Every bump or crack in the road I hit makes a squeak. It's behind the drivers seat, I have an 02 ext so any other truck I'd say it was the bed mounts but could it be the rear Window folding section rattling? Anybody else have this problem? How can I resolve it, it's driving me nuts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtwomey
    Every bump or crack in the road I hit makes a squeak. It's behind the drivers seat, I have an 02 ext so any other truck I'd say it was the bed mounts but could it be the rear Window folding section rattling? Anybody else have this problem? How can I resolve it, it's driving me nuts!
    Where is your jack and tools(they can rattle if loose)

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post

Where is your jack and tools(they can rattle if loose)
    I thought that could have been it but I have them locked in tight, it's like high pitch sounds more like rubber rubbing vs a metallic tone.

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

Re: squeak I can't find

Check the interior trim panel on the door, if has been off it is not seated properly.

Quote Originally Posted by TLMC View Post
    Check the interior trim panel on the door, if has been off it is not seated properly.
    I'll give it a shot thanks

CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: squeak I can't find

I am constantly trying to find squeaks and rattles and clicks in my truck so I can sympathize, as it gets to the point where it is all you can hear. I haven't experienced anything like this in an EXT, but the regular lade can develop squeaks in the middle row headrests, I had to spray WD40 down inside the seat to make it go away. I doubt this is the case on an EXT, but maybe worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyEscalade
    I am constantly trying to find squeaks and rattles and clicks in my truck so I can sympathize, as it gets to the point where it is all you can hear. I haven't experienced anything like this in an EXT, but the regular lade can develop squeaks in the middle row headrests, I had to spray WD40 down inside the seat to make it go away. I doubt this is the case on an EXT, but maybe worth a try?
    Your post reminded me I have noticed a squeak in the rear of my moms 02(have yet to have the same squeak in my 03) I will be checking the second row headrests as both are the regular lade(and squeaks SUCK)

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyEscalade View Post
    That would be insane if that's all it was! Good idea

That wasn't it it sound more like body panels is there a mount for the truck bed despite it looking like one piece?

Quote Originally Posted by jjtwomey
    That wasn't it it sound more like body panels is there a mount for the truck bed despite it looking like one piece?
    Yes there is mounts for the bed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.