Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Transmission Cooler Options

  1. #1
    sprink60's Avatar
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    234

    Transmission Cooler Options

    Even though I have the best Transmission Cooler option from the factory I was thinking of upgrading to a newer/larger one that will keep the fluid even cooler towing my 7500# boat.

    Any thoughts out there as to what to use?


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    wesyder's Avatar
    wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastvale Calif
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    Even though I have the best Transmission Cooler option from the factory I was thinking of upgrading to a newer/larger one that will keep the fluid even cooler towing my 7500# boat.

    Any thoughts out there as to what to use?
    Was thinking about this as well, the low temp thermostat helps alot but i was also thinking about the electric fan override offered by some of these speed shops as well as the trans cooler upgrade, maybe B&M

  4. #3
    capriRS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    68

    Re: Transmission Cooler Options

    Try TRU-COOL 40k trans cooler this is what all the chevy gmc guys likes to run on tow pigs and even performance trucks. Which is the same as our trucks. Some people are seeing 20+ degree drops in tranny temps while pulling! Google tru cool 40k and check it out!

  5. #4
    wesyder's Avatar
    wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastvale Calif
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by capriRS
    Try TRU-COOL 40k trans cooler this is what all the chevy gmc guys likes to run on tow pigs and even performance trucks. Which is the same as our trucks. Some people are seeing 20+ degree drops in tranny temps while pulling! Google tru cool 40k and check it out!
    Thanks i will be looking into this

  6. #5
    sprink60's Avatar
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    234

    Re: Transmission Cooler Options

    Thank You for this information.

    I am ordering mine Monday.

  7. #6
    wesyder's Avatar
    wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastvale Calif
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    Thank You for this information. I am ordering mine Monday.
    hey sprink60 do you copy? Any feed back on this trans cooler, i just ordered one and I'm picking up a boat next week


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum