Shocks and Shock Absorber - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Shocks and Shock Absorber in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by the cadillac man I checked and at my local dealer it is 158.00 to install the shocks ...
    Txao1051 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

I checked and at my local dealer it is 158.00 to install the shocks and compressor(I have the compressor just have to get the shocks)
    Not bad I asked tem for a quote where they supplied the parts so yea... But that's definitely not bad... What kind of shocks are you goin to use?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Txao1051

Not bad I asked tem for a quote where they supplied the parts so yea... But that's definitely not bad... What kind of shocks are you goin to use?
    I probably will get the arnott rebuilt shocks as on my road new ones would get bad quick anyway

But right now I am not sure yet(still price searching) given they have the lifetime warranty it may be better in the long run as my truck has over160,000 miles and I plan on getting as much as I can from it

Ps I would do both my self as I have the room and time its just I have back pain(pinched nerve)

Cyco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Escalade

Re: Shocks and Shock Absorber

$1300 is for all 4 shocks, not just the rears and I did it myself. (the Monroe set) rides like a dream. I"ve been through 2 Arnott compressors and on from Sun something from Florida i think (stay away from that place!). After spending about 200 bucks a pop on compressors and changing them myself I finally when to dealership and just had them put a new one in. $700 all said and done. So, basically you can replace the compressor 3 times yourself for the cost of the dealership doing it once. just got fed up replacing a rebuilt every year when my original lasted 6 years...... Why buy rebuilt items? You may save you up front, generally don't last as long and if you spread it out over 3-4 years it's only like $75/year more. Doesn't make sense to me as I've been there done that......

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    $1300 is for all 4 shocks, not just the rears and I did it myself. (the Monroe set) rides like a dream. I"ve been through 2 Arnott compressors and on from Sun something from Florida i think (stay away from that place!). After spending about 200 bucks a pop on compressors and changing them myself I finally when to dealership and just had them put a new one in. $700 all said and done. So, basically you can replace the compressor 3 times yourself for the cost of the dealership doing it once. just got fed up replacing a rebuilt every year when my original lasted 6 years...... Why buy rebuilt items? You may save you up front, generally don't last as long and if you spread it out over 3-4 years it's only like $75/year more. Doesn't make sense to me as I've been there done that......
    Well my rear shocks is the only ones that need replacing(as far as I can tell) and I haven't priced a new set of oem shocks yet(I did get a new oem compressor as I didn't want to get a rebuilt one)

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Re: Shocks and Shock Absorber

The Arnott compressor is NOT rebuilt from my understanding only the shocks are.

Cyco, having gone through 1 Arnott compressor within 1 year 2 weeks (Arnott did honor the 1 year warranty), when the second compressor fails I too will go the OEM compressor route.

The rear shocks and compressor are easily a DIY project, even if the bolts are siezed they are easily accessed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.