ambient temperature sensor ????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, ambient temperature sensor ???? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; When I bought my esv there was a noise on the left side of the roof just above my ear. ...
    chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv

ambient temperature sensor ????

When I bought my esv there was a noise on the left side of the roof just above my ear. Anyways I removed and prob threw it away (FML). Now with this being gone can it be the reason why my heat only works on 90, 89 is basically ac. And ac will only work crom 60-89 and stays at the same temp. Basically heat is 90 only, and ac is 60-89 always. If so FML I threw the litle motor/fan away

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by chacho44
    When I bought my esv there was a noise on the left side of the roof just above my ear. Anyways I removed and prob threw it away (FML). Now with this being gone can it be the reason why my heat only works on 90, 89 is basically ac. And ac will only work crom 60-89 and stays at the same temp. Basically heat is 90 only, and ac is 60-89 always. If so FML I threw the litle motor/fan away
    You shouldn't have done that as that was the in car temp sensor for the hvac system and is a vital part to the system

As you have already seen the results of removing it I am willing to guess you won't be doing that again?

Re: ambient temperature sensor ????

Cadillac Man you think this is my problem with heat and ac working only on cremation and freezing? If so I will be on a hu t for this little sensor asap

Cadillac Man you think this is my problem with heat and ac working only on cremation and freezing? If so I will be on a hu t for this little sensor asap
    You can get it at any parts place(may have to special order it though)

CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Try a wreckers in your area? Don't be too hard on yourself, we all make silly mistakes. I hate rattles and noises myself, so I can sympathize...

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyEscalade
    Try a wreckers in your area? Don't be too hard on yourself, we all make silly mistakes. I hate rattles and noises myself, so I can sympathize...
    I have been putting up with the in car temp sensors buzzing away since I got my truck and at times it does get on my nerves

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    I have this same issue... 90 is too hot and 89 ain't hot enuf, (actually a little cold) i have been dealing with this since i bought the vehicle brand new in 05.. With numerous trips to the dealer and still the same issue... I also get the noise from the sensor but only when the truck sits in the cold even without the hvac on... I believe this sensor only works on auto to maintain a temp u have set but I'm not positive

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder

I have this same issue... 90 is too hot and 89 ain't hot enuf, (actually a little cold) i have been dealing with this since i bought the vehicle brand new in 05.. With numerous trips to the dealer and still the same issue... I also get the noise from the sensor but only when the truck sits in the cold even without the hvac on... I believe this sensor only works on auto to maintain a temp u have set but I'm not positive
    It has failed and this is how the system behaves when it does(it works even on manual mode to maintain the temp output) replace it and the system will work like it should(you will need to drop the headliner if you have big hands)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Chacho & wesyder, please let me know if you decide to bring your concerns to your dealers' attention. Customer Service happy to step in to follow up with your dealer on your behalf if you wish, and I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    It has failed and this is how the system behaves when it does(it works even on manual mode to maintain the temp output) replace it and the system will work like it should(you will need to drop the headliner if you have big hands)
    So is this the reason why my heat and ac only works on one setting, 60&90? If so ill be buying this piece asap. Can this be had at your local parts store, autozone, advanced auto, etc. Or is this a dealer part?

So is this the reason why my heat and ac only works on one setting, 60&90? If so ill be buying this piece asap. Can this be had at your local parts store, autozone, advanced auto, etc. Or is this a dealer part?
    You can get it at either but it may be quicker at the dealer

Just called the dealer and they said it will about $50 for this sensor, and I explained to them how my heat and ac works and they said it can be the reason why it acts like that. It will just suck if I spend $50and its not the problem, I mean I guess I do need that sensor since I removed it.

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Just called the dealer and they said it will about $50 for this sensor, and I explained to them how my heat and ac works and they said it can be the reason why it acts like that. It will just suck if I spend $50and its not the problem, I mean I guess I do need that sensor since I removed it.
    Keep us posted, I'm still on the fence since mine has had this issue since i first purchased it brand new

Txao1051 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT
    I just stared to hear the rattling about a week ago by my ear when driving. How do you tighten this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Txao1051
    I just stared to hear the rattling about a week ago by my ear when driving. How do you tighten this up?
    The sensor needs cleaning in order to get rid of the rattle

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.