new to cadillac.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, new to cadillac. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hello guys and gals. my name is shawn i recently purchased my first cadillac. its a 2000 escalade on 22s. ...
    punkrockrprs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

new to cadillac.

hello guys and gals. my name is shawn i recently purchased my first cadillac. its a 2000 escalade on 22s. it needs a few small things but nothing major seems to be wrong. i have a few questions. when not moving its extremely hard to turn. is that because of the rims that are on it? and sometimes my gas guage moves some like if its at quarter tank sometimes it drops down to the first orange line then eventually goes back to quarter tank, is the floater just moving around? also i need a few small parts i was wondering if anyone here had some for sale? i need the front running board trim black in color for both sides, rear headrests tan in color, rear cupholder thing, rear radio control, and rear seat heater switch. i would also like to trade my tail lights for stocks, it currently has the altezza style (chrome) wich i painted black to make look better but it can be removed. also need the door handle trim for the rear passenger door tan in color and a interior driver door handle tan in color.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrockrprs
    hello guys and gals. my name is shawn i recently purchased my first cadillac. its a 2000 escalade on 22s. it needs a few small things but nothing major seems to be wrong. i have a few questions. when not moving its extremely hard to turn. is that because of the rims that are on it? and sometimes my gas guage moves some like if its at quarter tank sometimes it drops down to the first orange line then eventually goes back to quarter tank, is the floater just moving around? also i need a few small parts i was wondering if anyone here had some for sale? i need the front running board trim black in color for both sides, rear headrests tan in color, rear cupholder thing, rear radio control, and rear seat heater switch. i would also like to trade my tail lights for stocks, it currently has the altezza style (chrome) wich i painted black to make look better but it can be removed. also need the door handle trim for the rear passenger door tan in color and a interior driver door handle tan in color.
    The fuel gauge can either be the gauge(it will peg when off) or the float(on the fuel pump)

The steering problem may be the orrvise valve(I don't know if I spelled it right)

A lot of the other parts I would try a salvage yard

Re: new to cadillac.

Thanks for the input. You guys don't have a cpo (car part out) section here??

Thanks for the input. You guys don't have a cpo (car part out) section here??
    I haven't seen any but there is a classified section for buying and selling parts and other things

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I can gladly set up that type of section if you all feel it would beneficial and be used.

----Welcome to the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    I can gladly set up that type of section if you all feel it would beneficial and be used.

----Welcome to the forum!!
    I'd say it would have potential

i think it would be good. it would give members the ability to buy parts they need off of other members who want to part out their cars.

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

sounds good to me...it'd be good for the trim and little things that are hard to find. i am missing the cover to the automatic headlight sensor on the dash. they don't sell it separately..i'd have to buy the whole sensor. $25..which i refuse to spend for a plastic dome the size of a dime. a local salvage yard has an 03 suburban i can take off, but they have a $20 minimum...

Quote Originally Posted by djais1801
    sounds good to me...it'd be good for the trim and little things that are hard to find. i am missing the cover to the automatic headlight sensor on the dash. they don't sell it separately..i'd have to buy the whole sensor. $25..which i refuse to spend for a plastic dome the size of a dime. a local salvage yard has an 03 suburban i can take off, but they have a $20 minimum...
    It would either pay the price or not have the auto headlight work right(they would be either on all the time or not work in auto mode(this included the drls)

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black
    Negative...they work fine- it's purely aesthetic ..only missing dome cover

Quote Originally Posted by djais1801
    Negative...they work fine- it's purely aesthetic ..only missing dome cover
    If the sensor works then why mess with it since the dome is only for looks

To look nice huh

To look nice huh
    Ah I see

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.