2000 Escalade Starting issues any advice?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2000 Escalade Starting issues any advice? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The past few months I have been having issues when starting my truck. It takes at least 3 to 5 ...
    SpeedinBitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

2000 Escalade Starting issues any advice?

The past few months I have been having issues when starting my truck. It takes at least 3 to 5 times of turning over until it finally starts. I have replaced the fuel filter and put Sea Foam in my tank thinking that maybe I had dirty fuel injectors. There were a few times that I had to use Starter fluid to get it to start. My next step is to buy a fuel pressure regulator. Any other suggestion as to what could be causing this? Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedinBitch
    The past few months I have been having issues when starting my truck. It takes at least 3 to 5 times of turning over until it finally starts. I have replaced the fuel filter and put Sea Foam in my tank thinking that maybe I had dirty fuel injectors. There were a few times that I had to use Starter fluid to get it to start. My next step is to buy a fuel pressure regulator. Any other suggestion as to what could be causing this? Has anyone else had this issue?
    Are there any lights that stay on(eg thrift lock light) if yes then it may be electronic if not then it may be the injectors (better off replacing them then cleaning them)

SpeedinBitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

Re: 2000 Escalade Starting issues any advice?

No lights are staying on. But now I am having a new issue arise. When I roll up or down my windows the lights flicker so now I'm thinking there might be a short somewhere. And just this evening when I went to start my truck the clock was set at the wrong time. I am hoping that its not a computer issue if that's the case I might as well invest in another Cadi :\

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedinBitch
    No lights are staying on. But now I am having a new issue arise. When I roll up or down my windows the lights flicker so now I'm thinking there might be a short somewhere. And just this evening when I went to start my truck the clock was set at the wrong time. I am hoping that its not a computer issue if that's the case I might as well invest in another Cadi :\
    Sounds like the bcm connections it is under the dash next to the steering column if the connections ain't the case then most likely the bcm is starting to fail(which clock are you talking about if its the one on the radio then I see the relation)

Also even if you replace the bcm its still cheaper then another truck

Here is a parts site www.rockauto.com

Of course this can be a loose or bad ground so check every possibility before making a expensive decision like this

(Ps my radio went black on me tonight as I was driving but I think it's because of my media gateway)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.