Which Brand Water Pump
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Which Brand Water Pump in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I took my truck for a pressure test last weekend and confirmed water pump is starting to leak. They wanted ...
    avlnche is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2002 5.3L

Which Brand Water Pump

I took my truck for a pressure test last weekend and confirmed water pump is starting to leak. They wanted over 500 to replace it. I saw the youtube video online and saw how its an easy project.

My question is what brand should I stick with? I looked at autozone, advanced auto parts, pep boys and all were around the same price between 110 and 120 but were all different brands.

I thought maybe let me check the dealer and they want 350 for the water pump. So I dont think I will be going that route.

Anyone have any suggestions which I should go with or possibly there is someone who knows where I can get OEM for around that price.

I plan to replace the thermostat, thermostat housing, and serpentine belt while I am in there doing the water pump.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

icaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    OEM is a good idea. Check rockauto.com, AC Delco is the OEM brand.

Black02Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade
    www.gmpartsonline.net

It's a dealer out of McAllen, Tx. Usually about 50% of dealer prives for quality OEM parts.

90limited is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Which Brand Water Pump

I bought a non OEM pump (Bosch i think) from Rockauto and have had no problems with it. It fit with not problems and was $40 less than an A/C Delco...

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

I went with The Zone one, Duralast I believe. Bolted right up and have had zero issues thus far.

You may want to check the seperate AC serpentine belt as well, its much smaller and is located lower front left side.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv
    I went with The Zone one, Duralast I believe. Bolted right up and have had zero issues thus far.

You may want to check the seperate AC serpentine belt as well, its much smaller and is located lower front left side.
    Same here, when mine failed auto zone was the closest to me

scottg05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade ext

I just did mine on my 05 ext 2 weeks ago. Wanted the ac delco so bought it at the stealership. DO not buy from the dealer they soaked me about $400 for the pump (which came with 2 gaskets), therm housing, therm, 2 therm screws (which i returned because there were 2 in the pump already) and an ac belt. Order the ac delco one online does not cost much more than autozone brand. Easy job to replace, took a little over 2 gal of dexcool to refill. Worst part is those hose clamps, there must be a special tool to get them off easier. Also could not find a petcock on the radiator so drained from lower radiator hose then more drained when removing the old pump.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by scottg05
    I just did mine on my 05 ext 2 weeks ago. Wanted the ac delco so bought it at the stealership. DO not buy from the dealer they soaked me about $400 for the pump (which came with 2 gaskets), therm housing, therm, 2 therm screws (which i returned because there were 2 in the pump already) and an ac belt. Order the ac delco one online does not cost much more than autozone brand. Easy job to replace, took a little over 2 gal of dexcool to refill. Worst part is those hose clamps, there must be a special tool to get them off easier. Also could not find a petcock on the radiator so drained from lower radiator hose then more drained when removing the old pump.
    There is no petcock on the radiator its a closed loop system

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    There is no petcock on the radiator its a closed loop system
    ...Seriously? How do they expect you to drain the system without making a mess? Guess it's time to bust out the Factory Service manual....

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan

...Seriously? How do they expect you to drain the system without making a mess? Guess it's time to bust out the Factory Service manual....
    With a oil drain pan and a transmission drain pan funnel, remove lower radiator hose and control the flow using the hose.. This provides minimal spillage but your gonna spill something when it flows to the driver side via the channel the radiator sits in... I guess you could slightly raise the driver side to stop that. I drained at the thermostat housing by removing the 2 bolts to drain and brake kleened the compressor clutch when finished

eldo92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by avlnche View Post
    I took my truck for a pressure test last weekend and confirmed water pump is starting to leak. They wanted over 500 to replace it. I saw the youtube video online and saw how its an easy project.

My question is what brand should I stick with? I looked at autozone, advanced auto parts, pep boys and all were around the same price between 110 and 120 but were all different brands.

I thought maybe let me check the dealer and they want 350 for the water pump. So I dont think I will be going that route.

Anyone have any suggestions which I should go with or possibly there is someone who knows where I can get OEM for around that price.

I plan to replace the thermostat, thermostat housing, and serpentine belt while I am in there doing the water pump.
    I bought mine, as well as the serpentine belt and thermostat from Carquest. Changed the pump out a year ago, no issues...

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    I got mine at oreillys and it has a lifetime warranty . Super easy to install. Bought new belt at same the and did it all under and hr. Paid under $200 for water pump, belts and coolant.

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

I got mine through Buyautoparts.com. Bosch I think. Zero problems, came with everything. I think $120.00. Def, change A/C belt, and Thermo while its all open. Very easy job.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.