Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Whole new audio set up

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  escalade addict 
#1 ·
Hi, I feel like im just constantly asking for advice on here so my apologies..

Iv got a JVC touchscreen headunit with Vibe door speakers front and back just running off the head unit.
All of the Bose stuff has been removed by the previous owner so im basically starting from scratch anyway.

I have components for the front doors, 2 ways for the rear doors, an amp for the speakers and another amp to runa sub in the boot.

Wheres best to run the speaker wire from amps?
Wheres best to mount amp for speakers and amp for sub? Where to ground them?
Wheres best to mount the crossovers for the fronts?

Any guides or DIY's? I want to get it right.

Thanks alot guys, I appreciate the help!

#3 ·
I have 2002 escalade base model wires from speakers from the Bose system must be bypassed from the stock amplifier. Located in the trunk behind the left panel where the jack is. U wanna remove the panel add speaker wire to each speaker cable. Run the wires underneath the carpet. Choose location of the amps. I chose underneath 2nd row seats. 2500.1 kicker zx and 350.4 kicker zx fits perfect. Ground u would have to pick a spot cut a small piece of carpet, sand, & screw. Becareful screwing by the gas tank.

#4 ·
Since you guys are already on this topic, might as well ask you guys if you've encountered driver side front speaker problem. Mine is still the original Bose system except the HU is aftermarket. Driver side front speaker, the one on the door panel NO SOUND. All other speakers no problem. Adjusted fader and left/right channel and Its clear that only the front driver side has problem. Dealership replaced speaker with oem Bose speaker. Problem seemed to have dissapeared but only temporarily as it reoccurred again after 1 month. I noticed that at certain sound and volume, higher sound and bass, the speaker makes distorted sound at first and then goes back to normal. So I checked the old speaker that was replaced by the dealership, and it was fine. No problem at all. So the dealership screwed me into buying a new speaker that I did not even need. Now, I can rule out the speaker as the cause of the problem. So what is the problem then? Wiring? Amp?
Please help. Anyone. Thanks

#5 ·
escalade addict said:
Since you guys are already on this topic, might as well ask you guys if you've encountered driver side front speaker problem. Mine is still the original Bose system except the HU is aftermarket. Driver side front speaker, the one on the door panel NO SOUND. All other speakers no problem. Adjusted fader and left/right channel and Its clear that only the front driver side has problem. Dealership replaced speaker with oem Bose speaker. Problem seemed to have dissapeared but only temporarily as it reoccurred again after 1 month. I noticed that at certain sound and volume, higher sound and bass, the speaker makes distorted sound at first and then goes back to normal. So I checked the old speaker that was replaced by the dealership, and it was fine. No problem at all. So the dealership screwed me into buying a new speaker that I did not even need. Now, I can rule out the speaker as the cause of the problem. So what is the problem then? Wiring? Amp?
Please help. Anyone. Thanks
This is what happened to me the wiring going to the harness was worn(not sure why) but since I was installing my infinity speakers I didn't worry about it I just cut the harness off and made a direct connection for my speaker crossovers(infinity speakers is a lot better then the Bose and work off of the factory amp with no problems(let me know if you want to do this type of speaker install as I can guide you through it you would just have to email me(I will give you me email)

#6 ·
Okay before u buy another speaker take the working speaker in the passenger side remove the door panel and unplug the speaker. Remove the speaker u think is not working and plug it in with the wires of the passenger side. See if it works with those wires. This will rule out the speaker as a problem. 1) More then likely it's the wires in the harness. 2) stock amplifier channel can be going bad.
Hope this helps.

#7 ·
swiftSDcc-theHULK said:
Okay before u buy another speaker take the working speaker in the passenger side remove the door panel and unplug the speaker. Remove the speaker u think is not working and plug it in with the wires of the passenger side. See if it works with those wires. This will rule out the speaker as a problem. 1) More then likely it's the wires in the harness. 2) stock amplifier channel can be going bad.
Hope this helps.
I agree most times though its the wiring though

#8 ·
Thanks fellas. I know, I was so wrong to trust that guy at the dealership. Hooray for the extra speaker. So it could be wiring or amp . I will look into it and definitely am never going back to that shop.

----------

the cadillac man said:
This is what happened to me the wiring going to the harness was worn(not sure why) but since I was installing my infinity speakers I didn't worry about it I just cut the harness off and made a direct connection for my speaker crossovers(infinity speakers is a lot better then the Bose and work off of the factory amp with no problems(let me know if you want to do this type of speaker install as I can guide you through it you would just have to email me(I will give you me email)
For sure caddy man. Would love to get some audiophile tips. My email is johnistic @ yahoo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.