Back up camera options for a 2003 Escalade? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Back up camera options for a 2003 Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Fenway I don't really like the touchscreen one either. I played with one on an 05 yesterday. ...
    godsdiablo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Re: Back up camera options for a 2003 Escalade?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    I don't really like the touchscreen one either. I played with one on an 05 yesterday. I think I can do an awesome kenwood navigated by Garmin, with Bluetooth, iPhone integration, pandora and a bunch of other extras, plus add a backup camera for about 1k.
    Yeah the 05 one is nice but basic, an aftermarket one is the way to go but I would recommend pioneer and get the module to hook up the steering wheel controls

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

Not a good idea if you want to keep the onstar and auto dimming features
    There is a company that makes the onstar mirror auto dimming with the backup monitor like the late model gm's.... Mito-auto.com

Fenway is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade
    I'm seriously loving my 03 escalade. I picked it up Friday night, in the dark, in a nor'easter snowstorm and it drove wonderfully.

I added a Kenwood DNX6990HD stereo with GPS and all sorts of other goodies. I also added a backup camera, installed in the bumper, next to the trailer hitch. I had it wired so everything stock still works including the steering wheel controls and the onstar.

Buying the escalade was supposed to be a quick fix so I can have a third row until we're ready to spend more and buy something newer in a year or two. I already see myself wanting another one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.