Suddenly...my CD player doesn't play CD's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Suddenly...my CD player doesn't play CD's in Cadillac Escalade Forums; It powers up and I can insert and remove CD's but the CD button on the head unit has no ...
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Suddenly...my CD player doesn't play CD's

It powers up and I can insert and remove CD's but the CD button on the head unit has no function...other than a beep like the rest of the buttons have when pushed.

I tried removing the fuse...twice with no result.

Am I missing something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    It powers up and I can insert and remove CD's but the CD button on the head unit has no function...other than a beep like the rest of the buttons have when pushed. Am I missing something?
    Most likely the cd drive has failed
    Here is a place that can fix it
    Specmo enterprises
    1200 E Avis Drive
    Madison heights,mi 48071
    They also have a website

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Re: Suddenly...my CD player doesn't play CD's

OK...how about this for weird...I took the NAV DVD out of it's slot and put a music CD in it's place. That worked great and I had all of my touch screen functions. I thought to my self that at least I can listen to CD's that way if I really want to. I took the music CD out of that slot and inserted the NAV DVD, After the NAV re-initialized I put the music CD back in the CD player in the console. Just for the hell of it I pushed the CD function button on the head uni and the touch screen functions for the CD player suddenly appeared. I pushed the play arrow and number one CD started playing. I then tried all of the other positions and everything works fine.

I don't know what I did or why it works now when it didn't before but I'm pleased that all is back to normal!!

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    OK...how about this for weird...I took the NAV DVD out of it's slot and put a music CD in it's place. That worked great and I had all of my touch screen functions. I thought to my self that at least I can listen to CD's that way if I really want to. I took the music CD out of that slot and inserted the NAV DVD, After the NAV re-initialized I put the music CD back in the CD player in the console. Just for the hell of it I pushed the CD function button on the head uni and the touch screen functions for the CD player suddenly appeared. I pushed the play arrow and number one CD started playing. I then tried all of the other positions and everything works fine.

I don't know what I did or why it works now when it didn't before but I'm pleased that all is back to normal!!
    It may have been a software glitch

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.