LED Rear lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, LED Rear lights in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Romulus1 same as mine, and it reuses the factory reverse. I'm gonna give CarID a call and ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus1
    same as mine, and it reuses the factory reverse. I'm gonna give CarID a call and see what they say to me

EDIT: i lied i order through new egg, the company is shipping me new resistor packs first thing tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted
    It may be new lights as I don't think the gray box can be removed(haven't tried it)

I hope you can get them to working I know you love the look that's why I went with them with my truck as they go with my trucks look

sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

Re: LED Rear lights

Im lookign to get led's for my ESV, what do you guys think of the ones that they sell on ebay??
    check out the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330938709721...ht_6939wt_1328

There's quite a few of them around just not sure if they are good or is there somewhere else you guys recommend?

Romulus1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade

so i replaced all my fuses today and gave it another go with them just to see where i was at. I wanted some back up fuses before i started playing. Left turn/Right turn work. Brake lamp illuminates, reverse still works, no constant illumination. thinking its not the resistor packs anymore. i'll test more tomorrow. work starts soon.

sosatyme72 - Spec-D or CG seem to be the brand names that keep popping up as far as i can see. CarID has them and they can be found from various retailers no Newegg. you can also find them on ebay as well. they seem to run about the same everywhere just make sure the place is an authorized retailer that way if you have issues with the product it can be resolved.

Edit - so I checked again on my break at work and found 2 more blown fuses under the hood. Replaced them and were at 100% functionality. Can't figure out why it blew everything out the first time. Its hooked up just as it was at first but now all good. What ever, it works and looks great!!

so i replaced all my fuses today and gave it another go with them just to see where i was at. I wanted some back up fuses before i started playing. Left turn/Right turn work. Brake lamp illuminates, reverse still works, no constant illumination. thinking its not the resistor packs anymore. i'll test more tomorrow. work starts soon.

sosatyme72 - Spec-D or CG seem to be the brand names that keep popping up as far as i can see. CarID has them and they can be found from various retailers no Newegg. you can also find them on ebay as well. they seem to run about the same everywhere just make sure the place is an authorized retailer that way if you have issues with the product it can be resolved.

Edit - so I checked again on my break at work and found 2 more blown fuses under the hood. Replaced them and were at 100% functionality. Can't figure out why it blew everything out the first time. Its hooked up just as it was at first but now all good. What ever, it works and looks great!!
    I would check the junction plate under the right rear fender as it has the wiring for the whole rear of the trucks lighting routed through it

Looks all good, no broken or punctured wires I can find. Maybe I touched it to something the other day. Im not gonna worry about it for now since its all functional

Looks all good, no broken or punctured wires I can find. Maybe I touched it to something the other day. Im not gonna worry about it for now since its all functional
    Sounds like the gray boxes are bad and causing the problem since its intermittent

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Sounds like the gray boxes are bad and causing the problem since its intermittent
    Well I have a new set of them being sent to me so I can replace the old ones from the company. I'll most likely get them after my vaca but the cars sitting for the duration so it won't affect anything

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    TRUST ME, get a TRIDON LM487 light module for your blinkers and replace the stock one and you won't have any problems with your LED blinkers! I used the TRIDON light module and you don't have to splice into your factory wires or use stupid resistors. No I do not work for TRIDON, I like to pass on info on products I use that work! Take down the plastic piece under the steering wheel (size 7 socket) find the light module which can be hard to pull out. Got mine out by gently prying it out with a screw driver put in new module and BAM, your done! The TRIDON will be a little louder when your blinker is blinking but it helps you not forget to turn it off. Good luck! Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Edward Morrison
    TRUST ME, get a TRIDON LM487 light module for your blinkers and replace the stock one and you won't have any problems with your LED blinkers! I used the TRIDON light module and you don't have to splice into your factory wires or use stupid resistors. No I do not work for TRIDON, I like to pass on info on products I use that work! Take down the plastic piece under the steering wheel (size 7 socket) find the light module which can be hard to pull out. Got mine out by gently prying it out with a screw driver put in new module and BAM, your done! The TRIDON will be a little louder when your blinker is blinking but it helps you not forget to turn it off. Good luck! Enjoy...
    The taillights the op is talking about are not led BULBS but full blown tail lights made to plug and play with the factory equipment I know as I have a set in my truck
    There are no mods needed or add ons required for them to work he just happened to get a defective set

sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

has anyone heard of Eagle eyes brand??? any good or stick with CG?

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    has anyone heard of Eagle eyes brand??? any good or stick with CG?
    I haven't heard of eagle eyes brand mostly cg brand(mine at cg brand and work great minus one led being flaky on my drivers side but if more fails I will replace the taillight as I don't want to take risk of getting a ticket)

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

Eagle Eye sells the tail light that is the same as factory but with Led bulbs. Had them for 2 years and no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TLMC
    Eagle Eye sells the tail light that is the same as factory but with Led bulbs. Had them for 2 years and no problems.
    Cg does also(I found out after I got my clear set)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.