Spark Plug Wires - MSD, Taylor, Granatelli, Accel ....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Spark Plug Wires - MSD, Taylor, Granatelli, Accel .... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Buying Performance Spark Plug Wires - I Would like to ask all here who have bought Aftermarket Performance Wires kit's. ...
    CeaserTheThird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '02 Cadillac Esacalade AWD 6.0L

Question Spark Plug Wires - MSD, Taylor, Granatelli, Accel ....

Buying Performance Spark Plug Wires -

I Would like to ask all here who have bought Aftermarket Performance Wires kit's.

1. Have any issues RFI / EMI interference ?

I have seen some reviews that claim causing problems with the Eleitrical system, Some say these low ohm wires are meant for older cars that don't have EFI...

MSD has a set, 50 Ohms a foot.

Granatelli Claims to be the BEST out of all, 0 Ohms a foot.

Please post if you have any information regarding Hi Performance Spark Plug wires.

Link to Testing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfpkYMD1rI

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: Spark Plug Wires - MSD, Taylor, Granatelli, Accel ....

I would take accel an Taylor off the list. I have personally done the testing and worked with granatelli and msd. Both of those are really good wires. The lower the ohms is the least resistance for current to travel making it cleaner, more efficient, quicker starts, etc.

You are not going to get any interference with any of them. I just put msd wires on mine. You should be fine with either granatelli or msd.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Why purchase after market "high performance " wires?? What are you trying to gain?? GM has spent a lot of money and time researching and developing their own plug wires. When replacing wires on a stock or near stock configured engine the factory plug wires are more than sufficient. JMHO....

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    Why purchase after market "high performance " wires?? What are you trying to gain?? GM has spent a lot of money and time researching and developing their own plug wires. When replacing wires on a stock or near stock configured engine the factory plug wires are more than sufficient. JMHO....
    I agree the stock wires has been doing great for me with my new plugs although I think I may need a new coil pack but not sure yet

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    Yeah when i worked at a dyno shop, you would be surprised how much money is spent on reducing horsepower.. Jus because you spent $$$$ on an upgrade doesn't mean it works, seen this first hand

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder

Yeah when i worked at a dyno shop, you would be surprised how much money is spent on reducing horsepower.. Jus because you spent $$$$ on an upgrade doesn't mean it works, seen this first hand
    Yep like the so called electric turbo(basically a electric fan) and does nothing for the engine and is a waste of money

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

No one mentioned hp numbers or increase in mpg or power wise from an ignition wire. You will never see an increase. But like anything else people want something built better and uses quality parts vs what gm originally used. If you are happy with stock ones great. If you want to spend $20 more and get something built better then go for it. No reason to question it or frown down on it from the original posters question.

kaiseresko is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): esko

I just got Bosch wires with AC Delco professional iridium plugs. No complaints. I only got Bosch because they were all out of AC Delco wires.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiseresko
    I just got Bosch wires with AC Delco professional iridium plugs. No complaints. I only got Bosch because they were all out of AC Delco wires.
    From what I have heard from my uncle(who worked at gm) Bosch is the oe supplier for the wires

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiseresko
    Yeah i don't see any problems there, and i bet it didn't cost an arm and a leg for false hopes, cool deal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.