Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Battery
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Battery in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Battery For The Last couple of days my Service ...
    sosatime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Battery

Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Battery
    For The Last couple of days my Service Stability System light came up

I hooked up a genysis scan tool and I Got a code from the abs

C0286 - ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Battery
    Has anyone had this problem?

where do i start?
    how do i fix this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Re: Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Batter

Looks like you need a new "medium pressure accumulator (MPA) switch. The original switch is black and it has been replaced with a new improved grey color switch.

The part # you are looking for is 88983914, its fairly cheap.

Re: Service Stability System light C0286 ABS Indicator Lamp Circuit Shorted to Batter

well sent my ebcm and pump to ASI for repair (one week) later module and pump arrived install pump and module but still getting code C0286 whats next? any help would be appreciated.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatime
    well sent my ebcm and pump to ASI for repair (one week) later module and pump arrived install pump and module but still getting code C0286 whats next? any help would be appreciated.
    Let me research this and I will get back to you

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Have you replaced the switch yet as jnrsesv suggested?

yes I have

----------

same code C0286 whats next people Let's solve this mistery..

yes I have

----------

same code C0286 whats next people Let's solve this mistery..
    I wonder if its the cluster

went to the cadillac dealer and got robbed just for replacing MPA switch and oil change almost $300.00 and it solved Nothing still C0286 they said by replacing the BPMV and the Module my problems would be solved. well I sent my module to ATE twice and I just replaced the BPMV and now the Service Stability Light takes about 10 minutes to pop up now I have C0285 which is almost the same sh**. Help me I'm tired of wasting $$$ the dealer are just guessing and taking our money. help me whats next??? truck drives fine no more pulling to the left when the light came on or the growl but it does come on still C0285..

went to the cadillac dealer and got robbed just for replacing MPA switch and oil change almost $300.00 and it solved Nothing still C0286 they said by replacing the BPMV and the Module my problems would be solved. well I sent my module to ATE twice and I just replaced the BPMV and now the Service Stability Light takes about 10 minutes to pop up now I have C0285 which is almost the same sh**. Help me I'm tired of wasting $$$ the dealer are just guessing and taking our money. help me whats next??? truck drives fine no more pulling to the left when the light came on or the growl but it does come on still C0285..
    The code c0286 means the antilock brake system indicator lamp circuit is shorted to battery(positive)
    My guess they missed the ball park altogether and replaced the wrong part
    I think the issue lies in the ebcm(electronic brake control module)

I am going to check my wiring diagrams and see what's up

Still C0285 after replacing BPMV I'm going to check front hubs maybe thats where the problem is.

When you replaced the BPMV did you also replace the EBCM that is bolted to it as well?

I sent it out to ATE to get fixed so I'm not sure if they fixed it or what.. maybe thats my next thing to replaced i just don't want to spend the $1,000 and not be that and probably are the hubs.. plus they are only about $280 for both..

Okay Update after changing the BPMV I still had the service system Stability light but instead of C0286 I had C0285 I was frustrated and willing to fix my Lady so before replacing my BPMV I bled the brakes really good about 2 1/2 gallons of brake fluid and I also replaced my master cylinder I bled the brakes with the Motive brake bleeder (smart and cheap) after everything was done I drove my Escalade and the light would take about 10min or about 2 miles to pop up so I figured I probably had air in the system about 3 weeks later before I started my Lady I stepped on the brake and after I started my truck my foot was pushed out my brake and like magic no more SSS service stability system light gone for good I figured it self bled but it did take like 3 weeks probably cause i wasn't driving more then 3 miles a day finally after I was driving like 15 to 50 miles a day I did have to sent my module to ATE twice but I guess they fixed it.. 1 BPMV 1 Master cylinder and 1 motive brake bleeder and had to send module to ATE and 2 1/2 gallon of brake fluid. FINALLY FIXED!!!! Thanks CADILLAC MEN FOR YOU'RE HELP AND EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM!!!!

Okay Update after changing the BPMV I still had the service system Stability light but instead of C0286 I had C0285 I was frustrated and willing to fix my Lady so before replacing my BPMV I bled the brakes really good about 2 1/2 gallons of brake fluid and I also replaced my master cylinder I bled the brakes with the Motive brake bleeder (smart and cheap) after everything was done I drove my Escalade and the light would take about 10min or about 2 miles to pop up so I figured I probably had air in the system about 3 weeks later before I started my Lady I stepped on the brake and after I started my truck my foot was pushed out my brake and like magic no more SSS service stability system light gone for good I figured it self bled but it did take like 3 weeks probably cause i wasn't driving more then 3 miles a day finally after I was driving like 15 to 50 miles a day I did have to sent my module to ATE twice but I guess they fixed it.. 1 BPMV 1 Master cylinder and 1 motive brake bleeder and had to send module to ATE and 2 1/2 gallon of brake fluid. FINALLY FIXED!!!! Thanks CADILLAC MEN FOR YOU'RE HELP AND EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM!!!!
    Glad to hear you got it fixed

Congrats on the fix sosa.
    Thanks for the follow up, I am sure that this information will come in handy to someone in the future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.