Driver unknown. Escalade won't start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Driver unknown. Escalade won't start in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I went through a car wash today and the guys turned the car off while they dried it. When I ...
    marilynmoney03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Exclamation Driver unknown. Escalade won't start

I went through a car wash today and the guys turned the car off while they dried it. When I got in the car the display read unknown driver(usually states driver1). I then proceeded to try and start it and it would not turn over. I realized my fuel, oil and other indications read nothing. My windows won't roll down. I had AAA tow it to Nucar Chevorlet because it was down the road. They stated security module may be the blame but called me later and said they couldn't find an issue. I know someone must have had this happen at sometime and do you know a reset or fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Re: Driver unknown. Escalade won't start

I don't know about Escalade's but i'm sure a mod will move this to the right forum where they can help you out faster.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by marilynmoney03
    I went through a car wash today and the guys turned the car off while they dried it. When I got in the car the display read unknown driver(usually states driver1). I then proceeded to try and start it and it would not turn over. I realized my fuel, oil and other indications read nothing. My windows won't roll down. I had AAA tow it to Nucar Chevorlet because it was down the road. They stated security module may be the blame but called me later and said they couldn't find an issue. I know someone must have had this happen at sometime and do you know a reset or fix?
    Check your battery cables they may be loose if not then the PCM or bcm has went nuts(most likely the bcm) but check the cables first I had this happen to me thanks to a stupid idiot at auto zone (luckily I was at a area where I didn't have to worry about leaving the truck to get a battery tool)

It turned out that the vehicle lost communication with the radio...the GM mechanics advised me to get a new radio installed if it happens again. They said it was coincidental that it happened immediately after a car wash...they said if it happens again unplug the stereo. Unsure what to think of this...

It turned out that the vehicle lost communication with the radio...the GM mechanics advised me to get a new radio installed if it happens again. They said it was coincidental that it happened immediately after a car wash...they said if it happens again unplug the stereo. Unsure what to think of this...
    Wow that's the first time I have heard this and the odd thing is I had drove my truck with a thrift locked radio one day yet it didn't do like that
    I have a cd/cass radio for a good price if you want a backup radio

Thanks lol, I just drive around with a bag of tools now so I can unplug the radio if it happens again. Nav, cd, stereo all work fine. I don't get it..

Thanks lol, I just drive around with a bag of tools now so I can unplug the radio if it happens again. Nav, cd, stereo all work fine. I don't get it..
    The radio stores info for a few things that has to do with the trucks memory seat also the bcm/PCM and radio have the vin number programmed in them and if one don't work right it makes the rest of the system go nuts(I had this happen with my rear seat DVD player the radio showed the Delphi logo instead of the Cadillac logo which creeped me out I kept the DVD player unplugged till I got the DVD drive replaced)

I don't know if the truck will run with the radio unplugged or not(I haven't tried it) but I do know if the bcm shuts down along with the radio the truck won't start (just cranks)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.