Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Who has tinted their front two windows? Please post Pics.....

  1. #16
    jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Carolina
    Posts
    916

    Re: Who has tinted their front two windows? Please post Pics.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Madspeed View Post

    Madspeed, this would be such a great photo if the truck was clean. I know it was taken today after a snowfall but, with that tree in the background and the snow still falling....wow


  2. #17
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv

    Madspeed, this would be such a great photo if the truck was clean. I know it was taken today after a snowfall but, with that tree in the background....wow
    I agree the truck looks great

  3. #18
    rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    44
    Posts
    164
    I have 15% on the front driver/passenger and 5% over factory on rear. Also 5% on windshield.





  4. #19
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
    I have 15% on the front driver/passenger and 5% over factory on rear. Also 5% on windshield.
    I have been wanting to get my windshield tinted is it a long process(I know the rear view mirror has to be removed

  5. #20
    rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    44
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

    I have been wanting to get my windshield tinted is it a long process(I know the rear view mirror has to be removed
    If your only going to have the visor done it only takes 20-30 minutes at a good shop. You can wait while its being done. It took about 4 hrs to have all ours windows tinted that's a lot of windows in our escalades.
    As for the rear view mirror it comes off with a couple clips. The actual mount stays in the glass. They cut the tint around it.

  6. #21
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater

    If your only going to have the visor done it only takes 20-30 minutes at a good shop. You can wait while its being done. It took about 4 hrs to have all ours windows tinted that's a lot of windows in our escalades.
    As for the rear view mirror it comes off with a couple clips. The actual mount stays in the glass. They cut the tint around it.
    Ok glad to know

  7. #22
    Madspeed's Avatar
    Madspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13

    Re: Who has tinted their front two windows? Please post Pics.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv View Post
    Madspeed, this would be such a great photo if the truck was clean. I know it was taken today after a snowfall but, with that tree in the background and the snow still falling....wow
    have to agree...but no way I was cleaning in these temps...lol. She is the work horse. This is the following morning....


  8. #23
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Madspeed

    have to agree...but no way I was cleaning in these temps...lol. She is the work horse. This is the following morning....
    With that much snow I just let it be(as there can be a layer of ice under the snow)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    102
    Man that snow looks like its no fun. Unless you have a snowmobile....lol

  10. #25
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipEXT
    Man that snow looks like its no fun. Unless you have a snowmobile....lol
    I agree

  11. #26
    jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Carolina
    Posts
    916

    Re: Who has tinted their front two windows? Please post Pics.....

    pffft a mere dusting.

    Thanks for sharing.

  12. #27
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv
    pffft a mere dusting.

    Thanks for sharing.
    When you have back pain snow it isn't fun to slip and fall

  13. #28
    mikedyk43's Avatar
    mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    470
    Asked the tint shop to match the two fronts with the factory tinted rears (20% I believe) and I added a 5% visor to the windshield myself. I really like the reduced brightness inside the vehicle after doing this.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    102
    Looking good. Let me know when you are ready for the factory oem 22's. might know someone with them for sale.........

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    102
    Anyone from Ohio in this thread?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum