2000 Escalade Headlights Not Working at all
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2000 Escalade Headlights Not Working at all in Cadillac Escalade Forums; No low beams or high beams. The manual switch didnt turn them on, and I haave replaced the switch control, ...
    connestoga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

2000 Escalade Headlights Not Working at all

No low beams or high beams. The manual switch didnt turn them on, and I haave replaced the switch control, but no luck. I also replaced the BCM, still no luck. THE parking lights come on with no problems. Also, the parking brake itself is NOT engaged, but It's the first thing I thought that might still be causing a problem. I have read several posts on here about Daytime running lights and possible sun load sensor problems, but since I can't even turn the lights on manually, I don't know if that is the problem or not. I have checked all the fuses pertaining to lights, so I now need someone to give me more ideas. THANKS GUYS FOR HELPING THIS OLD GAL OUT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by connestoga
    No low beams or high beams. The manual switch didnt turn them on, and I haave replaced the switch control, but no luck. I also replaced the BCM, still no luck. THE parking lights come on with no problems. Also, the parking brake itself is NOT engaged, but It's the first thing I thought that might still be causing a problem. I have read several posts on here about Daytime running lights and possible sun load sensor problems, but since I can't even turn the lights on manually, I don't know if that is the problem or not. I have checked all the fuses pertaining to lights, so I now need someone to give me more ideas. THANKS GUYS FOR HELPING THIS OLD GAL OUT!
    Not sure on the fuses but it sounds like the bulb fuses are blown(if the bulbs aren't bad) try different bulbs and see if the headlights work

Re: 2000 Escalade Headlights Not Working at all

Sorry to be so ignorant, but when you say bulb fuses, are these specific fuses in the panel? I might have missed them. I will do as you suggested though and buy a new bulb to try. I just wonder what the chances are of both going bad at the same time and/or if one goes bad, does the other one quit working? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! Gives me something else to try.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but when you say bulb fuses, are these specific fuses in the panel? I might have missed them. I will do as you suggested though and buy a new bulb to try. I just wonder what the chances are of both going bad at the same time and/or if one goes bad, does the other one quit working? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! Gives me something else to try.
    It might be possible but the bulb fuses are in the underhood fuse box

THANKS! I'll take a look again to see if I can find those fuses.

I looked for bulb fuses in the underhood fuse panel, and did not find them. I wanted to check these before buying bulbs, BUT the good news is, my DRLs are now working. I still can't turn the headlights on manually (and they still don't work automatically). Another thing I noticed is, if I click to turn the high beams on, not only do they NOT work, but the indicator light for them on the instrument panel no longer illuminates. My truck has a big brushguard, so getting to the lights to swap bulbs will take some doing and i am saving that task for tomorrow. ALSO...is there a headlight relay I can check too? I didn't see this relay in either fuse panel and wondered where its located. Like you suggested before, its likely a bulb problem, but I can't figure out why the DRLs now work and didn't work before. The only thing I did again today was, I pulled the 50 amp headlight fuse out and plugged it back in. I had done this before when I checked it a couple of days ago, so I sorta doubt that helped anything. Maybe driving it down the road helped reset the computer after the BCM was installed? I just don't know. I plan to read all I can about the headlight bulbs and differences between the DRL, low beam and high beams. thanks for any advice!!!

I looked for bulb fuses in the underhood fuse panel, and did not find them. I wanted to check these before buying bulbs, BUT the good news is, my DRLs are now working. I still can't turn the headlights on manually (and they still don't work automatically). Another thing I noticed is, if I click to turn the high beams on, not only do they NOT work, but the indicator light for them on the instrument panel no longer illuminates. My truck has a big brushguard, so getting to the lights to swap bulbs will take some doing and i am saving that task for tomorrow. ALSO...is there a headlight relay I can check too? I didn't see this relay in either fuse panel and wondered where its located. Like you suggested before, its likely a bulb problem, but I can't figure out why the DRLs now work and didn't work before. The only thing I did again today was, I pulled the 50 amp headlight fuse out and plugged it back in. I had done this before when I checked it a couple of days ago, so I sorta doubt that helped anything. Maybe driving it down the road helped reset the computer after the BCM was installed? I just don't know. I plan to read all I can about the headlight bulbs and differences between the DRL, low beam and high beams. thanks for any advice!!!
    Try checking the relays as they can fail but one thing before you do(to make sure the switch is working)is the running lights working?(running lights are the on when the headlight switch is in the p position) if they don't then it could be a relay or switch issue if they do and the head lights don't work then it may be in the switch(I had this happen on a 02 (it had outside lights but no dash lights)

Thanks. I'll pull the switch. Can you tell where the headlight relay is? Another thread mentioned under the dash beside radio???

Thanks. I'll pull the switch. Can you tell where the headlight relay is? Another thread mentioned under the dash beside radio???
    Not sure I know on my 03 they are both in the under hood fuse box check there some may have them in the dash fuse box

The switch ckecks Ok and when in the headlights on or parking lights positions, I hear the chimes after I remove the key.
    The bulbs are also ok. I've downloaded a shop manual for the Escalade and while it's been very useful, there's still some things about the 2000 year model that I can't find enough info about - whether or not there's a separate relay for the headlights Or if it's only called a DRL relay is one thing that has me baffled. I think this DRL relay is the one that's suppose to be beside the radio, so I'm stll trying to find if there is in fact another headlight relay. Also, you mentioned the 2003 and looking at the fuse panel diagrams for years later than the 2000 look totally different. I think the last year model the manual covers is 2006, so I guess some things were fairly standard through these year models, but man....when they're different they're totally different! The dash end fuse panel on the 2000 has about the same number of fuses as later years, but the underhood panel on the 2000 doesnt have near as many fuses and relays as later models. I would much rather have more and all in one place so they would be easier to find! ANYWAY...THANK YOU AGAIN FOR HELPING ME!

The switch ckecks Ok and when in the headlights on or parking lights positions, I hear the chimes after I remove the key.
    The bulbs are also ok. I've downloaded a shop manual for the Escalade and while it's been very useful, there's still some things about the 2000 year model that I can't find enough info about - whether or not there's a separate relay for the headlights Or if it's only called a DRL relay is one thing that has me baffled. I think this DRL relay is the one that's suppose to be beside the radio, so I'm stll trying to find if there is in fact another headlight relay. Also, you mentioned the 2003 and looking at the fuse panel diagrams for years later than the 2000 look totally different. I think the last year model the manual covers is 2006, so I guess some things were fairly standard through these year models, but man....when they're different they're totally different! The dash end fuse panel on the 2000 has about the same number of fuses as later years, but the underhood panel on the 2000 doesnt have near as many fuses and relays as later models. I would much rather have more and all in one place so they would be easier to find! ANYWAY...THANK YOU AGAIN FOR HELPING ME!
    I am glad to help but I guess in order to find the relay location you may have to go to a local dealer and ask the service manager where it is at since I have service manuals for the 02 and up to 06

Bjcomm96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue. My DRL's work but no headlights high or low. I'm stumped

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bjcomm96
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue. My DRL's work but no headlights high or low. I'm stumped

Brian
    Check your multi function stalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.