Going rate for 05 oem touchscreen - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Going rate for 05 oem touchscreen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by 6lbsofSound No Bluetooth.The antenna is for the nav unit itself. If your 03 was equipped with nav ...
    Tom P is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

Re: Going rate for 05 oem touchscreen

Quote Originally Posted by 6lbsofSound View Post
    No Bluetooth.The antenna is for the nav unit itself. If your 03 was equipped with nav then you don't need it. Most units will not come with a map disc you can get them off of gmnavdisc.com or eBay.

Or you can go with the aftermarket nav route from kenwood,alpine,pioneer and get a heck of better unit that has Bluetooth and other options.
    Thanks 6#ofSound for answering my questions. My current unit does have Nav, so antenna not needed and I knew a 2005 used unit probably wouldn't have the Nav disk -- not that I use it much anyway. I was hoping a 2005 Nav might be easier to use than the 2003, which most know is a complete pain. Was also hoping for bluetooth, but oh well.

I briefly looked at aftermarket radio/nav but turned away after (1) I found out how much is was going to cost (incl installation), and (2) how much of the factory equip that would no longer function. I was told an $800-$900 unit would cost approx another $800 to install, and in order for the steering wheel audio controls to would work I needed another $80.00 adapter; was told if an aftermarket unit was installed, then no more 6 disk changer and no more rear audio controls.

That being said, I'm pretty certain I could install it myself - IF I could block out the free time to do it; free time is hard for me to come by these days. I really don't use the 6 disk changer that much and have never used the rear controls, but also hated the thought of butchering the stock system and possibly hurt resale? Although, I know the truck isn't worth "all that" in resale...

The more I think about it, I guess one of the primary reasons for a change would be for (1) Ipod hookup and (2) blue tooth for phone. I've tried the aftermarket Blue Ant blue tooth and loved the hands free, but hated another item to keep charged up. And I have yet to find a blue tooth ear piece that sounds decent; everyone sounds like they are in a well.

If I'm missing something or another option, please let me know...

Thanks Again!
    Tom

Anyway, that's what got me looking at these threads and maybe going with a 2005 or 2006 replacement - thought this route might be cheaper in the long run than aftermarket, and everything else in the truck would work as designed, not hurting resale...

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom P

Thanks 6#ofSound for answering my questions. My current unit does have Nav, so antenna not needed and I knew a 2005 used unit probably wouldn't have the Nav disk -- not that I use it much anyway. I was hoping a 2005 Nav might be easier to use than the 2003, which most know is a complete pain. Was also hoping for bluetooth, but oh well.

I briefly looked at aftermarket radio/nav but turned away after (1) I found out how much is was going to cost (incl installation), and (2) how much of the factory equip that would no longer function. I was told an $800-$900 unit would cost approx another $800 to install, and in order for the steering wheel audio controls to would work I needed another $80.00 adapter; was told if an aftermarket unit was installed, then no more 6 disk changer and no more rear audio controls.

That being said, I'm pretty certain I could install it myself - IF I could block out the free time to do it; free time is hard for me to come by these days. I really don't use the 6 disk changer that much and have never used the rear controls, but also hated the thought of butchering the stock system and possibly hurt resale? Although, I know the truck isn't worth "all that" in resale...

The more I think about it, I guess one of the primary reasons for a change would be for (1) Ipod hookup and (2) blue tooth for phone. I've tried the aftermarket Blue Ant blue tooth and loved the hands free, but hated another item to keep charged up. And I have yet to find a blue tooth ear piece that sounds decent; everyone sounds like they are in a well.

If I'm missing something or another option, please let me know...

Thanks Again!
    Tom

Anyway, that's what got me looking at these threads and maybe going with a 2005 or 2006 replacement - thought this route might be cheaper in the long run than aftermarket, and everything else in the truck would work as designed, not hurting resale...
    Get the touch screen nav you will find it is a better unit then the non touch screen nav unit(I have the touch screen version in my 03)also you can have both iPod connectivity and Bluetooth with the oem radio I can tell you how if you want to stay oem (which is less eye candy to thieves)and is plug and play with the stuff in the truck(and will help the resale value should you sale the truck(I passed on a Tahoe due to it having a aftermarket radio(I was afraid the interface would fail with age
    But there is options for Bluetooth with the stock radio the iPod you can use a I simple media gateway(I have one and love it) and the best part is its plug and play(I don't use the rear audio controls much but I do use the cd changer from time to time(mostly when I get a new cd that I haven't put on my iPod yet)

my99svt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by chacho44
    I been considering one of these if I can get one for the right price, I been looking at aftermarket screens but wanted to keep it oem. What are these oem touchscreens going for $150-200?????
    I have a touchscreen nav unit that came out of my 05 EXT. The nav disc is still in it and worked great. Make me an offer I might just sell it to offset the 2% tax hike we just got! I replaced mine with a Kenwood 9980 a couple years ago. I really needed the back up camera that mine didn't have.

ninja12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade esv

Re: Going rate for 05 oem touchscreen

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Get the touch screen nav you will find it is a better unit then the non touch screen nav unit(I have the touch screen version in my 03)also you can have both iPod connectivity and Bluetooth with the oem radio I can tell you how if you want to stay oem (which is less eye candy to thieves)and is plug and play with the stuff in the truck(and will help the resale value should you sale the truck(I passed on a Tahoe due to it having a aftermarket radio(I was afraid the interface would fail with age
    But there is options for Bluetooth with the stock radio the iPod you can use a I simple media gateway(I have one and love it) and the best part is its plug and play(I don't use the rear audio controls much but I do use the cd changer from time to time(mostly when I get a new cd that I haven't put on my iPod yet)
    i'd like some details on the bluetooth with the OEM nav system.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja12

i'd like some details on the bluetooth with the OEM nav system.
    I have a perpheral paxamg media gateway for both my iPod and Bluetooth
    Here is a link to the gateway
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015G5UVW
    And here is the link for the Bluetooth add on
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZYRFPG
    The audio for the iPod is top notch and the Bluetooth works great with my iPhone 5 and I can stream pandora or I heart Internet radio with it also
    This setup will work with any radio cd/cass non touch screen nav and touchscreen nav

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.