engine hour meter resets
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, engine hour meter resets in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The engine hour meter on my 05 Escalade seems to be resetting itself. I don't look at the hours very ...
    Nrubkcalb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0l.

engine hour meter resets

The engine hour meter on my 05 Escalade seems to be resetting itself. I don't look at the hours very often so I don't know if it happens on a regular basis. Any body have this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrubkcalb
    The engine hour meter on my 05 Escalade seems to be resetting itself. I don't look at the hours very often so I don't know if it happens on a regular basis. Any body have this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill
    There is a resettable timer it looks like this 00:00:00
    The engine hour timer looks different and is not resettable

viperhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: engine hour meter resets

I am not sure, but i think mine reset at around 1200 hours

Quote Originally Posted by viperhead
    I am not sure, but i think mine reset at around 1200 hours
    That sounds like something isn't right as the engine hour timer is a non resettable timer

viperhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did a google search and it seems there is a GM bulletin on this...

.IPC Engine Hour Meter Resets - keywords cluster DIC display hour meter intermittent start up #PIT4368A - (05/29/2007)[b]2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic2003-2007 GMC Sierra ClassicSome owners may comment of the ipc engine hour meter resetting. This concern may be very intermittent and normally occurs at key up and/or start up.

GM Engineering is aware of this concern and working on a correction. At this time there has been varying success repairing this concern with the following information:

<LI type=1>Check the battery/s with the Midtronic's battery tester and also perform a load test using a Vat40 or similar load tester to make sure the battery/s are in good condition. We have found in some cases a weak battery could cause this concern, this step is very important on vehicles with the 6.6L Diesel Engine where both batteries are used for cranking the engine. <LI type=1>Check the battery cables and make sure all connections are clean and tight. <LI type=1>Check the IPC powers and grounds (G200, G203, G100, G110 and the braided ground strap between the engine and cowl G104 and G107) connections and make sure they are clean and tight. 1.If the IPC has not been replaced, replace the IPC.

This is the source:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...p49LO272KY3cDQ
    Other links:https://www.google.com/search?q=engi...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Nrubkcalb, I recommend checking in with your dealership so their technicians can run the proper diagnostic tests on your Escalade. I realize that you may prefer the DIY approach, in which case it's great that the community is already responding with feedback for you. I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

viperhead etal. Thanks for the leads! Upon checking, turns out my battery is the original Delco, from '05. 7 years on a 6 year battery is pretty good so I went ahead and replaced it with a new one. I'll try to let you know if this fixes the stability of the engine hour meter... after some time passes. Until then, never buy a low mileage boat.
    Regards,
    Bill

24 hours without a reset. I think it is going to make it to the New Year. New battery seems to help. Will post again when it fails or breaks 100.
    Best Regards.

24 hours without a reset. I think it is going to make it to the New Year. New battery seems to help. Will post again when it fails or breaks 100.
    Best Regards.
    Good luck I hope it continues working like it should for you.

Update... 88.7 hours and the meter has not reset. The new battery seems to have solved the problem. If I remember, I will post if it fails again.
    Regards,
    Bill

Update... 88.7 hours and the meter has not reset. The new battery seems to have solved the problem. If I remember, I will post if it fails again.
    Regards,
    Bill
    That's great news to hear I hope it never resets

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.