Installed Super Chip Cortex Programmer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Installed Super Chip Cortex Programmer in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I had considered doing this for some time and pulled the trigger today. Installation was super easy and the results ...
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Installed Super Chip Cortex Programmer

I had considered doing this for some time and pulled the trigger today. Installation was super easy and the results are phenomenal. I went with the performance tune and the stock shift pressure plus 18 PSI. I also removed the Speed Limiter.

The first thing I noticed was how smooth and effortless the ESV accelerates...even at part throttle. On the highway it seems to run 90 as effortlessly as it runs 70 with the stock programming. All of the shifts are precise and crisp...but not jerky. The user interface is very simple and easy to use. If I want to go to an economy 87 octane mileage tune or a "Tow" tune it only takes a few minutes to change the programming.

I called the Super Chip tech support guys for some tips on how to get the most out of the programmer and they were very helpful. They also explained how to download the latest updates and encouraged my input as to any future program changes I would like made in future revisions.

This is a lot of bang for the buck for $350 + tax.

PS my issue now is keeping my foot out of this thing. I drive 40 miles each way to work and I have to say...with the 22's and the Bridgestone Duelers and now with the programmer...this rig eats the road up like candy!! It zooms past 100 with ease....if I find myself in a traffic situation where I have to sprint into triple digits (I am not advocating this!!) to get clear of tailgaters...the ESV easily gets it done!!

And yes I have a good radar detector!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Sounds like you're having fun! I realize that this next question is not at the forefront of your mind right before you install a performance chip, but what have been the effects on your gas mileage?

Re: Installed Super Chip Cortex Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    Sounds like you're having fun! I realize that this next question is not at the forefront of your mind right before you install a performance chip, but what have been the effects on your gas mileage?
    No way to tell yet...just did it this AM so give me a few days to get a reading.

Seriously...I do plan in the next week or two to dial it back to economy and drive it like "Grand Dad" to see what it will actually do.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    I had considered doing this for some time and pulled the trigger today. Installation was super easy and the results are phenomenal. I went with the performance tune and the stock shift pressure plus 18 PSI. I also removed the Speed Limiter.

The first thing I noticed was how smooth and effortless the ESV accelerates...even at part throttle. On the highway it seems to run 90 as effortlessly as it runs 70 with the stock programming. All of the shifts are precise and crisp...but not jerky. The user interface is very simple and easy to use. If I want to go to an economy 87 octane mileage tune or a "Tow" tune it only takes a few minutes to change the programming.

I called the Super Chip tech support guys for some tips on how to get the most out of the programmer and they were very helpful. They also explained how to download the latest updates and encouraged my input as to any future program changes I would like made in future revisions.

This is a lot of bang for the buck for $350 + tax.

PS my issue now is keeping my foot out of this thing. I drive 40 miles each way to work and I have to say...with the 22's and the Bridgestone Duelers and now with the programmer...this rig eats the road up like candy!! It zooms past 100 with ease....if I find myself in a traffic situation where I have to sprint into triple digits (I am not advocating this!!) to get clear of tailgaters...the ESV easily gets it done!!

And yes I have a good radar detector!!
    I may get a tuner like yours sometime sounds fun (I already have a radar detector as I have been over the speed limit without knowing it before like doing 90 in a 65 I know I have a heavy foot but I don't like tailgaters)

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60 View Post

"She's so fine my LQ9...."
    good one!

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Street racing is illegal on the streets as well as in the forum. If this thread moves in that direction more so than it already has I'll be forced to lock it and possibly issue infractions to those involved. Thank you all for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    Street racing is illegal on the streets as well as in the forum. If this thread moves in that direction more so than it already has I'll be forced to lock it and possibly issue infractions to those involved. Thank you all for understanding.
    Mrholland I wasn't street racing just didn't realize I had got at the speed

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Mrholland I wasn't street racing just didn't realize I had got at the speed
    Me either...I was at Moroso Motor Sports Park for test and tune...

http://morosomotorsportspark.com/tod...76/-/test-tune

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    Wow really? No where did he promote street racing! And what if he lived in Texas where the speed limit is 85 on the freeway. He was just saying how easy it was to get to a certain speed with out even realizing it. I find myself having to really watch my speed as it doesn't seem to be going 70 when I should be going 60. Does that mean I am promoting speeding. I think NOT!

chrisnlbc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade
    Lol. Everyone knows Escalades are just the best suited car for street racing!!! Its so funny to read that an admin thinks he was promoting street racing. Come on. Really? He is telling us how he tuner reaponded.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnlbc
    Lol. Everyone knows Escalades are just the best suited car for street racing!!! Its so funny to read that an admin thinks he was promoting street racing. Come on. Really? He is telling us how he tuner reaponded.
    The resion is the engine is like the ones in the corvettes if not the same engine(performance breed and built) with the Cadillac logo(my uncle worked for gm that is how I know)

I am simply upholding the rules of the forum gentlemen. The post in question was deleted before you all had an opportunity to read it. I appreciate your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    I am simply upholding the rules of the forum gentlemen. The post in question was deleted before you all had an opportunity to read it. I appreciate your concerns.
    I know....and I we appreciate you position, but I can't hep but say that I feel like I got sent to the principle's office and almost got licks for something that I didn't do!!!....but at least I didn't get suspended.

At least you have to admit that WE have a lot of passion on this forum...which means that it's very healthy.!!

Cadillac...The Standard of the World...Again

OK...after a week of commuting with the programmer I have some mileage figures.

When I set up the programmer my average MPG per the on board computer was 13.7 MPG. I played around the weekend I installed it which included a Saturday night at the drag strip. Sunday afternoon I reset the mileage computer. I drove 512 miles in 7 days and read the computer....15.3 MPG!! So an increase of 1.6 MPG with no other changes. My commute takes me along a route that includes 9 miles of surface streets and 31 miles of Florida Turnpike that I can run 70~75 MPH. I have the programmer set on the performance setting requiring 91 octane gasoline...I use 93. The 22" rims and tires I installed are .2" taller than the OEM 17" rims and I set the tire height in the programmer accordingly.

BTW...in the mix was approximately 20 miles of towing my 7500# boat!!

So far so good.

----------

Wow, not a bad increase and its a performance tune!!! Sounds like you made a good choice. Congrats!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.