2005 Escalade (ESV) Power Seat Non Functioning (Free Fix W/Pics)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By mitch2264
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade (ESV) Power Seat Non Functioning (Free Fix W/Pics) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Symptom: Lost all power to drivers seat only. No forward/reverse, tilt or bolster/lumbar. The passenger side works normally. First things ...
    jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

2005 Escalade (ESV) Power Seat Non Functioning (Free Fix W/Pics)

Symptom:

Lost all power to drivers seat only. No forward/reverse, tilt or bolster/lumbar. The passenger side works normally.

First things I checked, obvisously fuse, but alas I have looked in the manual and online, couldn't find location. I did come across a couple of circuit breakers, one under hood and one inside cab, both checked out ok. I then moved my attention to the underside of the drivers seat, what a nightmare. All visable wires looked connected and unscathed.

Under Dash Circuit Breakers:

I then decided to look at the Power Seat Module itself, once removed from the lower seat cushion, I found its a sealed unit. I decided to swap out with the passenger to see if the module itself failed. The working passenger side Power Seat Module did not work on the drivers side. I replaced both back to their proper places.

Moving along, I went to the ole stand by, Google. There were many sites that recommended going to a dealer and having the module updated with new software, umm at the time I did not consider this an option. One site had mentioned to pull the 30 AMP circuit breaker for 30 seconds to reset the modules, that did not work. I continued on, many, many pages into Google, I found a site that someone posted "chaffed wires" at main power connection. Ah ha, so I contorted myself between the rear seat and drivers seat where I found the Main Power Cover, I removed it to find the power wires (no chaffed wires), I wiggled the two harnesses, and tried to move seat, BINGO loose wires at the main connection. I used small zip ties to secure the connectors together.

Drivers side seat, now is in proper working order, forward/backwards, tilts, and bolster/lumbar

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mitch2264 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Re: 2005 Escalade (ESV) Power Seat Non Functioning (Free Fix W/Pics)

Excellent write up!! Thank you for taking the time and energy to post this! Google can certainly be a friend--yet daunting at the same time .

Thanks again!!

Mitch
    jnrsesv and jnrsesv like this.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    This needs to be in the FAQ section if a admin sees this please make this a sticky

Thanks for the thanks Mitch and your welcome.

Hope it helps someone out someday.

Phranke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I want to say thanks also, my seat hasn't worked for about a year now and it wasn't so bad for me cause it was stuck in my spot, however, the bad part was that the heated seat didn't work. Took me about 5 min to get it working again, that includes the time it took to read the post! Thanks

Phranke thanks for the thanks.

I am glad that I was able to help you out.

EscaladeBob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you very much!
    this is Exactly what was wrong with our truck!
    -Bob

Scottparrish is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade

Thanks so much. This fixed my wifes vehicle.
    Thanks for taking the time to post this

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv View Post
    Symptom:

Lost all power to drivers seat only. No forward/reverse, tilt or bolster/lumbar. The passenger side works normally.

First things I checked, obvisously fuse, but alas I have looked in the manual and online, couldn't find location. I did come across a couple of circuit breakers, one under hood and one inside cab, both checked out ok. I then moved my attention to the underside of the drivers seat, what a nightmare. All visable wires looked connected and unscathed.

I then decided to look at the Power Seat Module itself, once removed from the lower seat cushion, I found its a sealed unit. I decided to swap out with the passenger to see if the module itself failed. The working passenger side Power Seat Module did not work on the drivers side. I replaced both back to their proper places.

Moving along, I went to the ole stand by, Google. There were many sites that recommended going to a dealer and having the module updated with new software, umm at the time I did not consider this an option. One site had mentioned to pull the 30 AMP circuit breaker for 30 seconds to reset the modules, that did not work. I continued on, many, many pages into Google, I found a site that someone posted "chaffed wires" at main power connection. Ah ha, so I contorted myself between the rear seat and drivers seat where I found the Main Power Cover, I removed it to find the power wires (no chaffed wires), I wiggled the two harnesses, and tried to move seat, BINGO loose wires at the main connection. I used small zip ties to secure the connectors together.

Drivers side seat, now is in proper working order, forward/backwards, tilts, and bolster/lumbar

glowe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

This solved my Front Driver's seat issue ,,, Huge Thanx !!

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv View Post
    Symptom:

bumboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Hello friends, I have a 2006 Escalade and the forward/backward on the drivers front seat stopped working but everything else still works which includes tilt, bolster/lumbar/heated seats.
    I'm thinking maybe just the forward/backward motor burned up? please help thank you.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bumboy
    Hello friends, I have a 2006 Escalade and the forward/backward on the drivers front seat stopped working but everything else still works which includes tilt, bolster/lumbar/heated seats. I'm thinking maybe just the forward/backward motor burned up? please help thank you.
    Pull the harness for the motor and carefully apply 12 volts to the terminals (there is two plugs one for the motor and one for the position sensor)
    Either way the whole seat track has to be replaced

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.