Next SUV - Escalade, Lexus, FJ Cruiser, Land Rover, GMC...or?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Next SUV - Escalade, Lexus, FJ Cruiser, Land Rover, GMC...or? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi guys. My husband and I are battling a decision over what to do here. We currently own a work ...
    aimcat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Next SUV - Escalade, Lexus, FJ Cruiser, Land Rover, GMC...or?

Hi guys. My husband and I are battling a decision over what to do here. We currently own a work truck Silverado 1500, a GMC Envoy, and a GMC Sierra 1500. NO we are not just GM fanatics it just always works out that we went up with them. We just got my husbands work truck and now my Envoy is getting higher miles (had it 10-11 years) and we really do not need the Sierra. I would rather trade it off for an SUV and the sell my Envoy. My envoy was fully loaded - SLT model, chrome wheels, leather, sunroof, cd changer, etc....so I do like features a lot. What I want out of my next SUV is good features, a good look - one that makes people go "oh look at that car" hahaha, and reliability and quality.

We are deciding between these: 06 Escalade with 67k miles, 06-07 Lexus GX470 with 70k miles-85k miles, 07-08 Land Rover LR3 80k, or a GMC Yukon 07 model 79k miles.

I would just like some opinions on this......

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    All excellent vehicles the lr3 propably being the worst for cost of ownership, in my opinion i would do the 07 yukon just for the later body style

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: Next SUV - Escalade, Lexus, FJ Cruiser, Land Rover, GMC...or?

I just went through the same decision and pretty much same choice in suv's. The Lexus is nice and interior is more refined than the escalade drive train is top notch also. The land rover went off my list quickly due to reliability. I just couldn't see myself really driving either as a daily. My choice would either be the Yukon or escalade. I went with the escalade because I got for an awesome deal on it.

Jose06escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by aimcat
    Hi guys. My husband and I are battling a decision over what to do here. We currently own a work truck Silverado 1500, a GMC Envoy, and a GMC Sierra 1500. NO we are not just GM fanatics it just always works out that we went up with them. We just got my husbands work truck and now my Envoy is getting higher miles (had it 10-11 years) and we really do not need the Sierra. I would rather trade it off for an SUV and the sell my Envoy. My envoy was fully loaded - SLT model, chrome wheels, leather, sunroof, cd changer, etc....so I do like features a lot. What I want out of my next SUV is good features, a good look - one that makes people go "oh look at that car" hahaha, and reliability and quality.

We are deciding between these: 06 Escalade with 67k miles, 06-07 Lexus GX470 with 70k miles-85k miles, 07-08 Land Rover LR3 80k, or a GMC Yukon 07 model 79k miles.

I would just like some opinions on this......

Thanks
    Escalade 100% I had the choice of a 06 Escalade and a 08 Yukon, I fell in love with the escalade as soon as I test drove it. The interior is a lot more luxurious then the Yukon also it will turn more heads "oh look at that car" but that's just my opinion..

Nothing against the Yukon or Tahoe

I do realize this is a Caddy forum so I know a lot will be partial to them. I like a bigger SUV that stands out, sits high off the road, etc. Thought it seemed good. We are having an issue trading because we have a 2wd truck and we paid much less than retail and book but NO ONE is wanting to give us payoff which is right around rough - average trade value. We have a possible deal worked out on an 06 Escalade with 67 k miles - with trade done, taxes, tag, etc OTD it would be 26900. Does that seem high or ok? Its black, AWD, Navi, all that......

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Nothing provides presence on the road like an Escalade...do a google on "celebrity Escalades" ...you will be surprised how many celebs own and drive these things. Black seems to be the "it"color. nothing tops it for luxury either...and did I mention power...either 6.0 or 6.2 Vortec moves these things like a " Bullet". the other consideration for me would be a Yukon Denali...it's an Escalade with a GMC horn button....built on the same assembly line in the same plant...the Denali doesn't know it's not a Caddy until the front clip goes on.

Have fun with your choice.

Would it seem "out of style" to have the older style (06)? Also this one I am looking at has the 6.0. Does it require premium?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Would it seem "out of style" to have the older style (06)? Also this one I am looking at has the 6.0. Does it require premium?
    Not really I am running regular fuel just fine but don't me to that.

No it wouldn't be "out of style" it really a preference I like the 02-06 escalade more then the newer model only bc the newer models don't have that distinct body styling.. Example if you see the 02-06 escalade you can tell what it is from any angle you look at it in, the newer model you have to see it from the front or back to know its an escalade..

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    I faced this same decision a few years back and found that the 06 and earlier Escalades were priced about the same as the 07 and later Tahoe/Yukons and all of the imports were over priced. Although I really liked the body style of the new Tahoe, I found the Escalade was WAY better equipped for the same amount of money. I think the gas mileage of the newer hybrids is the only option I wish I had. If it is the creature comforts that top your list though, than the Escalade is the obvious choice.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by aimcat View Post
    Its a Cadillac Escalade!

Doesn't matter if its a 2000, 2006 or a 2013. You will be noticed, if thats what you are after.

Running around town I run mid grade fuel, (for a couple of extra bucks a fill up on 2 credit cards), I don't think that it hurts the wallet nor the engine. On our long hauls 300, 500+ miles, I run high test (I search out Shell Stations specifically) but again its just what I like. There is really not much noticeable MPGs.

Good luck in your choice, you can't go wrong with the "Eskie".

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by aimcat View Post
    I do realize this is a Caddy forum so I know a lot will be partial to them. I like a bigger SUV that stands out, sits high off the road, etc. Thought it seemed good. We are having an issue trading because we have a 2wd truck and we paid much less than retail and book but NO ONE is wanting to give us payoff which is right around rough - average trade value. We have a possible deal worked out on an 06 Escalade with 67 k miles - with trade done, taxes, tag, etc OTD it would be 26900. Does that seem high or ok? Its black, AWD, Navi, all that......
    Unless the dealer is factoring in getting you to your payoff amount on your current truck, $26900 is high for an '06 with that many miles. "Maybe" if you got an '06 ESV Platinum w/~50K miles AND still had some CPO warranty. But for a short wheelbase with that mileage -- on its own -- that's high.

That said, I would rather have an '06 Escalade (old body style) than an '07 Yukon (new body style) -- or any of the others on your list.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hueterm

Unless the dealer is factoring in getting you to your payoff amount on your current truck, $26900 is high for an '06 with that many miles. "Maybe" if you got an '06 ESV Platinum w/~50K miles AND still had some CPO warranty. But for a short wheelbase with that mileage -- on its own -- that's high.

That said, I would rather have an '06 Escalade (old body style) than an '07 Yukon (new body style) -- or any of the others on your list.
    I agree with huetherm on this the second gen escalade is one I would go for before any of the others in the list.

Yes that price is factoring in the payoff and some negative equity, also taxes, tag and registration.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.