Quick intro and sub box question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Quick intro and sub box question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello everyone! I just picked up an 03 escalade base edition. Love the SUV so far. I have a question ...
    6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Quick intro and sub box question

Hello everyone! I just picked up an 03 escalade base edition. Love the SUV so far. I have a question around sub boxes. I occasionally park on the street and I want to be a bit more stealth with the audio set up.

I see a few companies make a underseat enclosure for the EXT. Would a single 8 or 10 inch EXT box fit in the base version? I am not looking to rattle my fillings loose I just want to add some rear fill, without taxing the electrical system. I have the bench seat in the second row.

I am thinking an Image Dynamics 8 inch with a 300 watt rms rating should do the the trick. Plus is there a RCA converter that anyone suggests using? I am looking to keep the factory NAV set up so a aftermarket HU is out for now.

Has anyone done this before or know of a box that works?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    The under seat boxes designed for the EXT or ESV models will NOT work in the base model. The base model has a raise in the floor mid way under the second row to accommodate for the rear wheel well. The models with the longer wheel base are flat under the second row. This doesn't mean you can't build your own box, but one specifically designed for the longer wheel based models won't work.

Re: Quick intro and sub box question

Thank you for the response. I was totally unaware of the floor difference between the versions. I am going to try and either find a slim fit box or make one. Thanks Again!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 6lbsofSound
    Thank you for the response. I was totally unaware of the floor difference between the versions. I am going to try and either find a slim fit box or make one. Thanks Again!
    I have a sound ordnence 8-bpt sub it will fit under the second row seats without worry although I have mine under the center console
    I got it from here www.crutchfeild.com I love it because it's small but packs a lot for it's size.

I looked at Crutchfield and I did see that Sound Ordinance setup, I was a bit sketchy on it since I am not familiar with that brand. I will do some research and post some photos once I come up with something

Quote Originally Posted by 6lbsofSound
    I looked at Crutchfield and I did see that Sound Ordinance setup, I was a bit sketchy on it since I am not familiar with that brand. I will do some research and post some photos once I come up with something
    Mine works great plus if you ain't happy with it you can get your money back give it a try you never know it may surprise you.

Snowboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0

JL Audio makes a stealth box that goes in the center console for the same year tahoe/yukon/suburban. Anyone know if it fits in the Escalade as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder
    JL Audio makes a stealth box that goes in the center console for the same year tahoe/yukon/suburban. Anyone know if it fits in the Escalade as well?
    Last I checked it don't fit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.