Escalade Sound System upgrade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Escalade Sound System upgrade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by the cadillac man The infinity speakers are 2 ohms which is more efficient then other speakers in ...
    CRSO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

Re: Escalade Sound System upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The infinity speakers are 2 ohms which is more efficient then other speakers in the power area plus the sub is a all in one package I got it through www.crutchfeild.com it is a sound ordnence bpt-8 which is much better then the stock 6inch sub which is very sloppy if you ask me
    Ps the reference line which is the models I listed aren't as bright as the kappa line of infinity's car speakers(I have multiple sets of infinity's older home speakers for my home audio system and home theater system which is smooth as silk in the mids and highs the nice tight low end.
    I'm gonna temporarily go with the 6030cs... I'd optimally like to have 2 way's (6032) in the doors and tweets in the pillars with 2KhZ cutoff,

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSO

I'm gonna temporarily go with the 6030cs... I'd optimally like to have 2 way's (6032) in the doors and tweets in the pillars with 2KhZ cutoff,
    These are two way component speakers with separate woofer and tweeter if you want to see how I have mine setup I can email you pics if you want me to.

These are two way component speakers with separate woofer and tweeter if you want to see how I have mine setup I can email you pics if you want me to.
    I know but I want to have the 2 ways in the door and tweets up top also. I've always done a mid/tweet combo with an extra set of tweets... That would not be an easy feat though without doing some rewiring unless the doors contain stock 2-ways?

I know but I want to have the 2 ways in the door and tweets up top also. I've always done a mid/tweet combo with an extra set of tweets... That would not be an easy feat though without doing some rewiring unless the doors contain stock 2-ways?
    Well you could get a set of coax infinity speakers and leave the stock Bose tweeter in place so you don't have to run extra wire(it mainly depends on how much time you want to put into it)

So there isn't a stock crossover in the amp or the door for the stock 6.5 and tweet? Are the stock door speakers coax?

How is it set up in the front anyway? I haven't gotten a chance to rip the doors yet...

So there isn't a stock crossover in the amp or the door for the stock 6.5 and tweet? Are the stock door speakers coax?

How is it set up in the front anyway? I haven't gotten a chance to rip the doors yet...
    No there isn't stock crossover for the front stage except a low filter which prevents the bass from shredding the door speakers the tweeters has a cheap filter on them to prevent them from blowing from improper range.

No there isn't stock crossover for the front stage except a low filter which prevents the bass from shredding the door speakers the tweeters has a cheap filter on them to prevent them from blowing from improper range.
    That's actually perfect... So this Bose stock amps sends out full range. I can get a 2ohm coax with a passive filter and do the same with tweets... Nice.

That's actually perfect... So this Bose stock amps sends out full range. I can get a 2ohm coax with a passive filter and do the same with tweets... Nice.
    Yep or do like I did with the separate woofer and tweeter which gives better mid bass and midrange and has a separate tweeter for the highs.

The Bose amp does a range from mid bass and up to the door speakers and tweeters but with the sub you wouldn't know they can do full range.

Yep or do like I did with the separate woofer and tweeter which gives better mid bass and midrange and has a separate tweeter for the highs.

The Bose amp does a range from mid bass and up to the door speakers and tweeters but with the sub you wouldn't know they can do full range.
    I may do the component but I am seeing that these tweets are extremely harsh...???

Quote Originally Posted by CRSO View Post
    I may do the component but I am seeing that these tweets are extremely harsh...???
    which infinity speakers have you heard that have harsh sounding tweeters?(the only harsh sounding ones that come to my mind is horn tweeters which i don't recommend) my infinity rs-5's which btw have ribbon tweeters is as smooth as silk and the model of infinity car speakers i posted sound as smooth and clear as my rs-5 home speakers(i also have a set in my other car and i haven't noticed any harshness in the highs even with a bit more then the right amount of power going to them.
    p.s. i wouldn't recommend infinity if i found a flaw in the speakers they make as i can tell the quality of a speaker by just listening to it (trust me on this i had a set of jbl's my friend's thought sounded good until i told them the flaws)
    also infinity speaker have a tendency to show the flaws in your audio equipment so if the source makes the music harsh then the speakers will reproduce the harshness(one reason i have a harmon pardon recover powering my home infinity speakers due to the quality build of the receiver)

here is a link with the specs of the tweeters that are included in the 6030cs set i mentioned.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dsfSNkF...nce-1031t.html

of course if you don't like infinity tweeters you can use a ribbon tweeter with the infinity woofer and crossover.
    fyi i seen online that the kappa line of infinity speakers has harsh tweeter not the reference line.

which infinity speakers have you heard that have harsh sounding tweeters?(the only harsh sounding ones that come to my mind is horn tweeters which i don't recommend) my infinity rs-5's which btw have ribbon tweeters is as smooth as silk and the model of infinity car speakers i posted sound as smooth and clear as my rs-5 home speakers(i also have a set in my other car and i haven't noticed any harshness in the highs even with a bit more then the right amount of power going to them.
    p.s. i wouldn't recommend infinity if i found a flaw in the speakers they make as i can tell the quality of a speaker by just listening to it (trust me on this i had a set of jbl's my friend's thought sounded good until i told them the flaws)
    also infinity speaker have a tendency to show the flaws in your audio equipment so if the source makes the music harsh then the speakers will reproduce the harshness(one reason i have a harmon pardon recover powering my home infinity speakers due to the quality build of the receiver)

here is a link with the specs of the tweeters that are included in the 6030cs set i mentioned.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dsfSNkF...nce-1031t.html

of course if you don't like infinity tweeters you can use a ribbon tweeter with the infinity woofer and crossover.
    fyi i seen online that the kappa line of infinity speakers has harsh tweeter not the reference line.
    It was the component set you recommended... There are a few guys online stating that they're a little harsh but they could be idiots... I own a production studio with Dynaudio BM12A's and the Yamaha NS so I'm sure it's nothing that I can't compensate for. I also listen to uncompressed .wav's and lossless files so I'm rather picky. I have B&W in the home.

Infinity is ok for the time being but my rip out will consist of Audison, Morel and/or Mosconi for my soundstage.

I'll get them, listen to some remastered Steely Dan and tell you what I think!

It was the component set you recommended... There are a few guys online stating that they're a little harsh but they could be idiots... I own a production studio with Dynaudio BM12A's and the Yamaha NS so I'm sure it's nothing that I can't compensate for. I also listen to uncompressed .wav's and lossless files so I'm rather picky. I have B&W in the home.

Infinity is ok for the time being but my rip out will consist of Audison, Morel and/or Mosconi for my soundstage.

I'll get them, listen to some remastered Steely Dan and tell you what I think!
    I have listened to some steely Dan and I think you might like the infinity speaker btw B&W is another great speaker brand but I don't think they make car speakers
    Also I have been debating on doing a ribbon mid range and tweeter setup in my truck should my infinity speakers ever give me trouble of course I will have a good quality mid bass driver to match.

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Send pics of your set up to tcfire@bellsouth.net. Sounds like you have a solid handle on this I would like to see what you did. Curiously at the Crutchfield site ...they indicate that the speakers you are using are a "no fit" for 2005 Escalade....any cause for concern?

Thanks,

John in West Palm Beach

I have listened to some steely Dan and I think you might like the infinity speaker btw B&W is another great speaker brand but I don't think they make car speakers
    Also I have been debating on doing a ribbon mid range and tweeter setup in my truck should my infinity speakers ever give me trouble of course I will have a good quality mid bass driver to match.
    Just to clarify, did you use the stock wiring? I noticed that you mounted the crossovers under the front seats.... See, if I start going this route, I'm going to end up just rewiring everything which I have no time for... I still need to assemble my enclosure and run a lot of 00awg / batteries, etc. I need plug and play. Shame on me for not researching more before I got that infinity component set... Maybe I was better off getting a coax for the doors...

So what is the factory amp resistance set up for anyway? 2 ohms?

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    Send pics of your set up to tcfire@bellsouth.net. Sounds like you have a solid handle on this I would like to see what you did. Curiously at the Crutchfield site ...they indicate that the speakers you are using are a "no fit" for 2005 Escalade....any cause for concern?

Thanks,

John in West Palm Beach
    They will work as the speaker locations are a drop in fit for 6 1/2 inch speakers
    I will send the pics when I am on my computer,

As far as the wiring the tweeters came with enough wiring to reach to under the seat and I just ran a small amount of wire to the door speaker to crossover the rear door speakers and tweeters I didn't have to add wire because of the way they are set up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.