2003 ESV Dash Lights Out. Want To Replace With Bright LED's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2003 ESV Dash Lights Out. Want To Replace With Bright LED's in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Anybody know the part number of the bulbs and how many there are so I can order some? I think ...
    CRSO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

2003 ESV Dash Lights Out. Want To Replace With Bright LED's

Anybody know the part number of the bulbs and how many there are so I can order some? I think they are 194's. Will any size LED 194 fit? Some have 10 LED's, some have 13 LED's and some are flat with one LED.

I searched on here but I only see an 02 and I think the bulbs are different. If you can point me to a thread that I missed I'll look it up there...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2003 ESV Dash Lights Out. Want To Replace With Bright LED's

Anyone?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I have a 03 with some dash lights out also, I know how you feel as of lately my clock, urpa and traction control buttons along with half of the radio face is needing new bulbs the switches and clock I am thinking of tackling but I am going to replace the radio my suggestion is to use a small led to minimize issues.

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

I just replaced my whole dash with blue led,s. They are soldered in except for the clock and head switch. I bought the led,s at autolumination .com. Look under dash and gauge bulbs group 74.

Quote Originally Posted by TLMC View Post
    I just replaced my whole dash with blue led,s. They are soldered in except for the clock and head switch. I bought the led,s at autolumination .com. Look under dash and gauge bulbs group 74.
    Ah, damn they're soldered... Oh well, I can still do it. Group 74. Thank you!!!!

Which lights did you go with specifically? There are a million under that group... I want the brightest that I can replace them with...

I went with 1/8 wide x 3/4. I found that any bigger they won,t fit and they come with a plastic base to plug in. I removed the base to solder them in.

I went with 1/8 wide x 3/4. I found that any bigger they won,t fit and they come with a plastic base to plug in. I removed the base to solder them in.
    Ok great thank you

there right above #74 wedge base bulbs. this web site does not give part #,s for bulbs and can be confusing. also these bulbs are polorized , so make sure + to +

Quote Originally Posted by TLMC
    Are all of them this way? I ask cause I have some bulbs out in my ac controls, the headlight switch light cuts in and out along with half the radio lights and the buttons for the traction control and park sensors are blown.

Yes there all soldered in except for the headlight switch. As far as the radio I don,t know, that,s what inspired me to change the rest of my dash to blue because the pioneer unit I installed has blue lights.

Quote Originally Posted by TLMC
    Yes there all soldered in except for the headlight switch. As far as the radio I don,t know, that,s what inspired me to change the rest of my dash to blue because the pioneer unit I installed has blue lights.
    Crap I was hoping it would a bit easier to do

Yeah I don't feel like ripping apart that gauge cluster... I actually enjoy soldering but I don't have the time with a 3 week old here. I need to set that time aside to install my amp and build the enclosure for my 18" AA Havoc.

There are guys on eBay the do the service with an exchange. The good ones are 300-400.00. This is a thorough refurbish though which includes stepper motors etc.... Yeah that's a good 325.00 profit...

Quote Originally Posted by CRSO
    Yeah I don't feel like ripping apart that gauge cluster... I actually enjoy soldering but I don't have the time with a 3 week old here. I need to set that time aside to install my amp and build the enclosure for my 18" AA Havoc.

There are guys on eBay the do the service with an exchange. The good ones are 300-400.00. This is a thorough refurbish though which includes stepper motors etc.... Yeah that's a good 325.00 profit...
    My gauge cluster is fine it had been replaced under the recall gm had it's the rest of the dash that I have to replace the bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    My gauge cluster is fine it had been replaced under the recall gm had it's the rest of the dash that I have to replace the bulbs.
    Ah no s&^t, mine too... I have to tackle that also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.