Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 02 front end squeek

  1. #1
    garton05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade aspen white
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11

    02 front end squeek

    The front differental of my 2002 just took a dive and i just rebuilt one from the junk yard. Took the old one out and installed the new one. Now when im driving and pushing on the gas there is a whine from the front end. I let off the gas and it disappears. I'm not sure why it is doing it? Anybody know? T


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by garton05
    The front differental of my 2002 just took a dive and i just rebuilt one from the junk yard. Took the old one out and installed the new one. Now when im driving and pushing on the gas there is a whine from the front end. I let off the gas and it disappears. I'm not sure why it is doing it? Anybody know? T
    See if it is the tranny try this but be careful as you are driving down a hill put the truck in neutral and work the gas and see if it still makes the noise if not then just let the truck coast to see it still makes the noise,

    If it still makes the noise while out of gear and coasting then you may have a u joint or bearing going bad if not then it may be in the tranny.

  4. #3
    garton05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade aspen white
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11

    Re: 02 front end squeek

    I tryed it and it only dose it when it has a little load on it. didnt make the squeek when going down hill but up hill it dose when in gear. didnt try in coasting up hill. I was in my driveway and when stoped i push on the gas really quick in gear and it kinda grind's or kinda pops. Sounds like the u joint but sure sounds like its coming from that diff case. anything else i can try

  5. #4
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by garton05
    I tryed it and it only dose it when it has a little load on it. didnt make the squeek when going down hill but up hill it dose when in gear. didnt try in coasting up hill. I was in my driveway and when stoped i push on the gas really quick in gear and it kinda grind's or kinda pops. Sounds like the u joint but sure sounds like its coming from that diff case. anything else i can try
    You have a u joint on one of the drive shafts going I know it will drive you crazy the reason I say that as I had to replace both u joints on my other car you will have to drop the prop shafts to do it though.
    Don't be surprised when you replace them for them to fall apart on you after you remove the prop shafts from the truck as the point the u joints are at they have no grease and what you are hearing is where they bind up while the prop shafts move as you drive.

  6. #5
    garton05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade aspen white
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11

    Re: 02 front end squeek

    What do you mean prop shaft? Do you think its weird to just squeek like this right after i replace my front diff?

  7. #6
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by garton05
    What do you mean prop shaft? Do you think its weird to just squeek like this right after i replace my front diff?
    Prop shaft is another word for drive shaft sorry if it made you confused.

    It is a bit odd that it happened after replacing the front diff,

    Although I doubt that had anything to do with it as they do wear out with age I know I had to replace the ones on my other car which is a 79 Chrysler Cordoba that did the same thing your truck is doing now and that was what I had to replace


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum