How reliable is the '04 Escalade ESV AWD?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How reliable is the '04 Escalade ESV AWD? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I have a 2004 Escalade ESV AWD with the 6.0 V8 and there have been some problems but nothing ...
    dynamiik1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

How reliable is the '04 Escalade ESV AWD?

So I have a 2004 Escalade ESV AWD with the 6.0 V8 and there have been some problems but nothing really major. Its got 58000 miles and in fabulous condition. I was just wondering how reliable these cars really are. Ive been in the market recently and have seriously considered trading it in because of market and the value of the car is just decreasing and I don't see myself spending more money on it. Some feedback would be really helpful and any tips would be great. Just found this site and figured it would be worth a shot. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiik1
    So I have a 2004 Escalade ESV AWD with the 6.0 V8 and there have been some problems but nothing really major. Its got 58000 miles and in fabulous condition. I was just wondering how reliable these cars really are. Ive been in the market recently and have seriously considered trading it in because of market and the value of the car is just decreasing and I don't see myself spending more money on it. Some feedback would be really helpful and any tips would be great. Just found this site and figured it would be worth a shot. Thanks.
    It would depend on the year you want to trade for but with that amount of miles it has a lot of life left in it heck I have close to 150,000miles on my 03 and it's still going strong.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiik1 View Post
    There is quite a lot to consider when you are thinking about trading your vehicle in. 58,000 miles is not even half of what you will get out of your Escalade. As far as the value decreasing, it is the same with most any vehicle these days, especially the ones that get poor gas mileage like ours do. Some of the most common issues I've read about here include rear air ride problems (compressor and/or air shocks), tire pressure monitor sensors, front differential whining/failure and a couple of intermittent messages popping up on the display. Most, if not all of these problems could be repaired for less then the cost of one month's payment on a new SUV. So depending on how much you owe currently and how much the cost of the vehicle you would trade for, you have to figure out if it is financially worth your while. Just a thought, I seriously doubt you would be able to save money and get another vehicle that is comparable in size and luxury as what you currently have. The amenities offered in the newer Escalade models are easily added with aftermarket products at a fraction of the cost of buying a new car. Of course, you might just be tired of your vehicle and there is only one solution to that... and saving money does not factor in to that equation.

dynamiik1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

Re: How reliable is the '04 Escalade ESV AWD?

Thanks for the replies some good stuff wrote there, most likely I will stick with it because it is an amazing SUV and I do adore the car. I guess I know i can rely on it based on this and videos I have seen. Thanks again.

Sentinelist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV, Black Raven/black, Platinum wheels, 97k

Another vote to stick with it, unless you're sick of it. You've got far less mileage than most around here! Many years of life ahead in that thing with minimal headaches. Enjoy it.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelist
    Another vote to stick with it, unless you're sick of it. You've got far less mileage than most around here! Many years of life ahead in that thing with minimal headaches. Enjoy it.
    I agree my 03 has 149,322 miles on it exactly and so far I have replaced the starter, PCM, the module for the rear air system and battery and so far haven't had a problem from the engine or tranny but I need new rear shocks both are blown and the compressor is shot but I am sticking with mine I love it to much to give it up.

Sentinelist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV, Black Raven/black, Platinum wheels, 97k

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I agree my 03 has 149,322 miles on it exactly and so far I have replaced the starter, PCM, the module for the rear air system and battery and so far haven't had a problem from the engine or tranny but I need new rear shocks both are blown and the compressor is shot but I am sticking with mine I love it to much to give it up.
    Right on! I always like seeing histories like this. We plan to keep ours until about there, 150k (95k now).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.