Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Keeping your wheels safe...

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  slimm44 
#1 ·
I got a 02 Escalade and i have been thinking of getting 22's or 20's but i live in the city of Richmond and i park it next to the garage...I just have the factory security system and i dont think that guards the wheels..DO all of you guys have aftermarket security systems...What else can i do besides an aftermarket securtity system to protect my wheels from being stolen?

#4 ·
slimm44 said:
get a set of mcgard or gorilla lug locks. they are special lug nuts that you use a special key or socket to tighten/loosen. i've got the gorilla locks which work like this:
Since perhaps I am getting aftermarket wheels for my truck as my own Christmas present, would you please be kind enough to tell me where you got the Gorilla locks?

Thanks in advance,

Mejia

#7 ·
Do gorilla locks all use the same keys. Because thieves could just buy the locks and use the keys to steal rims. I still don't get how they steal rims. Do they jack your truck up and take them. That would be really noticeable with peeps watching. If it is a deserted place keep a camera on them.

#8 ·
blingblingcv said:
Do gorilla locks all use the same keys. Because thieves could just buy the locks and use the keys to steal rims. I still don't get how they steal rims. Do they jack your truck up and take them. That would be really noticeable with peeps watching. If it is a deserted place keep a camera on them.
"The Gorilla locks unique external pattern allows for unlimited key and lock combinations providing unparalled security." my Gorillas have different grooves than the one in the picture i posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.