05 HID in a 02 escalade?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 HID in a 02 escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a set of 05 HID headlamps has anyone tried putting them into a 02, I will be doing ...
    Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

05 HID in a 02 escalade?

I have a set of 05 HID headlamps has anyone tried putting them into a 02, I will be doing it just wondering if anyone has done it? IF so how is the procedure?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 05 HID in a 02 escalade?

Bump, does anyone have a siscamatic for a 2003 -2005, wiring for the front headlamp? If you do it would be great, so I can show how to install Hid in a 02. I can get it but I will have to go to the dealer.

It was completed, but the problem was that I did not have the plug for the ballister so I had to use pins and frabicate the plug. Personally I dont like this its safe and everthing but its not a clean look. I tried ordering the plugs off of gm but they dont have it does anyone know were I can get this phillip plug plug for my ballister, neg, pos and trigger.The plug is a 3 way FCI/Delphi 2.8 mm Apex Sealed. The Part number I have is 10757671 connector. Any Help?

Cadillac syle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: 05 HID in a 02 escalade?

Hi I put the 03-5 gm HID lights in my 02. I have made it into a 04 since i have built it from the frame up using a 2004 ext body. The wiring is not that bad.
    I would follow the GM schematics, and buy the HID harness from the dealer. It is kind of high. It was like 115 wholesale. The gm picture of it shows unly one hid connector, but it has both ballast connectors!! It will come with a bunch of wires, and connectors that you dont need, and it is not all interchangable. I unraveled the harness (30 minutes), and cut all the HID connector's wires from them as long as possible, and routed them in front of the core support all the way to the underhood fuse box, and spiced/soldered the 12 volt signal wire into the truck's low beam wires, and the 12 volt contant wire direct to the battery, and the neg was grounded to the fuse box, AND to the frame for safety. You will notice the factory harness was this was as well. These lights are very high voltage- so make a good ground, and use fuses.
    It will take an afternnoon, but It is worth it. It is not so bright like the other plug and play kits (which I have used before) :coolgleam :coolgleam , and looks totally factory depending on your neatness. The rumors about it not working, and heat forming on the wires iare not true. It works great. No relays are required. The factory relay is sufficient for the load. The ballasts conduct the magic. 25,000 start up volts, and constant -800 to run them.

I will be happy to supply schematics, and send you pics of mine. gtsurles@cox.net

I will be happy to help. I dont like for beginners to say it can't be done, and mislead others. It can, and it is not difficult. The Factory HID's look sweet!! You cant buy just the connectors that I know of. It only comes as a harness-- Good ole' Gm......

Greg

Do you have the part number for the harness also were did you get it for that price? A webpage would be great.

Cadillac syle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lightbulb Re: 05 HID in a 02 escalade?

I dont have the part number anymore. Just get a vin off of a 03-5 Escalade, and go to the dealer. It is the same harness for the horn, washer tank, Airbag sensor, and a bunch of other stuff. They have a picture of it also that shows the connectors.

Super is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2007 Escalade, 2008 CTS4

here´s the part no:151 874 26

eski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I want to put hid lights on a 2000 escalade any help

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by eski
    I want to put hid lights on a 2000 escalade any help
    Check out 99 SKALAID's posts on the subject, do a search.
    ~Steve

stock545i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Anyone on here have this schematic? Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.