"Service Engine Soon" light ??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, "Service Engine Soon" light ?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I know for most cars its "usually" a reminder after like 3 oil changes (12k). But I just got my ...
    LACbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

"Service Engine Soon" light ??

I know for most cars its "usually" a reminder after like 3 oil changes (12k).
    But I just got my oil changed 2 weeks ago at the dealer.
    I dont see an "check engine" light on my EXT, so is this it?

Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: "Service Engine Soon" light ??

It can be so many things that make this message come up, if you look under the hood and see nothing out of place, and if your truck is running ok then it many be time to go see the dealer.

LACbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for you input, took it to the dealer today and guess what?
    They are saying that its because of my aftermarket exhaust!
    That is not getting enough back pressure
    I knew they were going to blame my exhaust! Thats why Im looking for a stock one now.
    Im personally going to talk to the tech tomorrow, the light shouldnt have come on because of backpressure.

BTW- Its a flowmaster, has anyone else had any problems with these exhaust?

stevedinha01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i have tried many different custom exhaust setup ups on my truck with all kinds of mufflers including flowmaster and never got a check engine light. they are blowing smoke up your a$$

GMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Lee's Summit MO (Near Kansas City) Go Chiefs!

When you had the Flowmaster put on, did they remove the cat. converters? You should not have any backpressure problems if the cat's and O2 sensors are all in place. If they did remove the cat. the ECU will not get proper readings from the sensors and light up the engine light.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Sounds like the dealer is full of crap as usual. I don't know how mechanically inclined you are but if you go to any big parts store and ask if you can use their OBD (On Board Diagnostic Tool), a handheld device that plugs into a socket on the underside edge of dash (drivers side) for free. the tool should have a real easy quick reference book. All you have to do is take it inside and have them print a code list or write them down when scanning. Google the "trouble codes" and get yourself the real answer or go to another dealership.
    SS

Sycosis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Did they tell you what code or codes were found? You can get a code for any number of reasons. Sometimes all you have to do is reset the code ans wait and see if it comes up agian before taking any action. Did the dealer clear the code for you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.