Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking For A Factory Radio/DVD 2003-2006. Advice?

3K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
My Escalade has the factory head unit in it and I may just stay stock. I can go ahead and put in a PAC and install my Alpine Phantom but I think the factory DVD one may suit my needs. I'm grown up now and don't have that much time to add more than some subs...

Does anyone have a factory touchscreen DVD or CD unit? The one I have has the cassette/CD and I'd like to put the other factory unit in if anyone has one laying around.

I also heard that the navigation is pre-installed and I only have to add the unit? It doesn't matter because I'd never use it...

Thanks!!!

#5 ·
I can imagine... The demand must be high for these hence the high ebay price?

What I don't understand is that you can get a top of the line DIN Alpine with a PAC and it's still less than what they're asking for the factory units.

Actually, I'm not thinking of the Navi so that must be it. I never use the factory navigation because they all suck.

#8 ·
CRSO said:
Is it a full screen radio or the CD/Cassette? If it's the full screen non touch radio I may be interested... I have the Y91 Lux Amp so it has to be compatible though.
As far as the lux amp is concerned all escalades that are 03 to 06 are the lux amp the radio and amp are better then the non lux amp and radios
One being better sound quality
There a few other gm trucks and suv's that has the lux amp and radio I know my dad's hummer h2 has the lux amp my truck has the lux amp and radio.

#18 ·
Little late on this I guess, but I just got an '05-06 touchscreen factory nav unit off of car-part.com for $200 +$20 for shipping. Has a little paint worn off the buttons (like all of them) but otherwise works perfectly. To get it activated, I rolled into a GM dealership on a slow Saturday just before lunch with a fresh pepperoni and cheese pizza, and told them the pizza was theirs if they unlocked my radio for me. It worked beautifully :cool2:

e: I did have to get an antenna and GM map disc for the navigation to work though. My '03 originally came with the Bose CD / cassette deck as well.

#19 ·
Little late on this I guess, but I just got an '05-06 touchscreen factory nav unit off of car-part.com for $200 +$20 for shipping. Has a little paint worn off the buttons (like all of them) but otherwise works perfectly. To get it activated, I rolled into a GM dealership on a slow Saturday just before lunch with a fresh pepperoni and cheese pizza, and told them the pizza was theirs if they unlocked my radio for me. It worked beautifully :cool2:

Great idea!!

I said to hell with that factory crap. I ended up getting a Pioneer AVH8400

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.