AC Clutch / Compressor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, AC Clutch / Compressor in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone here replaced their AC Compressor or compressor clutch. I think my compressor clutch is going bad. AC still ...
    BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

AC Clutch / Compressor

Has anyone here replaced their AC Compressor or compressor clutch. I think my compressor clutch is going bad. AC still works fine but I feel a slight vibration at idle if the AC is on - only noticed this in the past few days and I did drive in horrendous rain and splashing rain water last week. Not sure if it's a clutch or clutch bearing issue or actually the comopressor. Apprecaite anyone's experience with these parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BDuncan
    Has anyone here replaced their AC Compressor or compressor clutch. I think my compressor clutch is going bad. AC still works fine but I feel a slight vibration at idle if the AC is on - only noticed this in the past few days and I did drive in horrendous rain and splashing rain water last week. Not sure if it's a clutch or clutch bearing issue or actually the comopressor. Apprecaite anyone's experience with these parts.
    Mine does the slight vibration at idle but I haven't had no problems with the a/c but If it was the bearings failing it would really fight the engine and try to kill the engine as you are driving
    But I do notice sometimes after I drive in rain the compressor makes a loud boom before engaging which it won't do it other times so it may be the clutch getting wet causing it to slip a bit
    And my truck is 03.

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: AC Clutch / Compressor

Cadillac man, mine is an '03 also, 140,000 miles. I have never had this vibration at idle before now - always so smooth you can't tell it's running. With the compressor mounted so low it can certainly get tons of water in heavy rain - may have nothing to do with it but that's when I noticed the vibration.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BDuncan
    Cadillac man, mine is an '03 also, 140,000 miles. I have never had this vibration at idle before now - always so smooth you can't tell it's running. With the compressor mounted so low it can certainly get tons of water in heavy rain - may have nothing to do with it but that's when I noticed the vibration.
    When was the last time you had the throttle body cleaned? as mine tends to do this the most when it needs cleaning cause I recently replaced mine and haven't had this issue show much and lately I drove in some really heavy rain(to the point I was only able to see by my fog lights) and it didn't act up afterward.

I had to replace mine because it was lagging in response(I don't know If it was cause of the PCM or not which I had to replace lately also) I figured with over 143,000 miles it was getting worn out and the truck idles so smooth I have had to check the tach to make sure it was running also it responds better then it did before.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.