AC Clutch / Compressor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, AC Clutch / Compressor in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone here replaced their AC Compressor or compressor clutch. I think my compressor clutch is going bad. AC still ...
    BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

AC Clutch / Compressor

Has anyone here replaced their AC Compressor or compressor clutch. I think my compressor clutch is going bad. AC still works fine but I feel a slight vibration at idle if the AC is on - only noticed this in the past few days and I did drive in horrendous rain and splashing rain water last week. Not sure if it's a clutch or clutch bearing issue or actually the comopressor. Apprecaite anyone's experience with these parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BDuncan
    Has anyone here replaced their AC Compressor or compressor clutch. I think my compressor clutch is going bad. AC still works fine but I feel a slight vibration at idle if the AC is on - only noticed this in the past few days and I did drive in horrendous rain and splashing rain water last week. Not sure if it's a clutch or clutch bearing issue or actually the comopressor. Apprecaite anyone's experience with these parts.
    Mine does the slight vibration at idle but I haven't had no problems with the a/c but If it was the bearings failing it would really fight the engine and try to kill the engine as you are driving
    But I do notice sometimes after I drive in rain the compressor makes a loud boom before engaging which it won't do it other times so it may be the clutch getting wet causing it to slip a bit
    And my truck is 03.

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: AC Clutch / Compressor

Cadillac man, mine is an '03 also, 140,000 miles. I have never had this vibration at idle before now - always so smooth you can't tell it's running. With the compressor mounted so low it can certainly get tons of water in heavy rain - may have nothing to do with it but that's when I noticed the vibration.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BDuncan
    Cadillac man, mine is an '03 also, 140,000 miles. I have never had this vibration at idle before now - always so smooth you can't tell it's running. With the compressor mounted so low it can certainly get tons of water in heavy rain - may have nothing to do with it but that's when I noticed the vibration.
    When was the last time you had the throttle body cleaned? as mine tends to do this the most when it needs cleaning cause I recently replaced mine and haven't had this issue show much and lately I drove in some really heavy rain(to the point I was only able to see by my fog lights) and it didn't act up afterward.

I had to replace mine because it was lagging in response(I don't know If it was cause of the PCM or not which I had to replace lately also) I figured with over 143,000 miles it was getting worn out and the truck idles so smooth I have had to check the tach to make sure it was running also it responds better then it did before.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.