Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 escalade multiple problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an 05 escalade and just recently have had multiple problems with it.. 1. Service ride control message is ...
- 07-23-12 06:25 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade (sold)
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Houston, TX
05 escalade multiple problems
I have an 05 escalade and just recently have had multiple problems with it..
1. Service ride control message is on - my air compressor is not coming on after starting the car but haven't seen a decline in the ride quality so I haven't messed with it yet
2. When starting the car, there is a slight delay in engine ignition which usually starts right away with a sound of the engine trying to turn over
3. This problem started around the time when problem #2 started - after the car starts, my brights will turn on for a couple seconds right after the car is started without manually switching to the hi beams. and the rear parking sensor lights will be going off while I'm driving in reverse and forward driving
4. Very loud screeching/squeaking sound when turning left at slow speeds. I think it's either the rear shock suspension or a wheel rotor..
Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.. Thanks
- 07-23-12 06:57 PM #2Originally Posted by Tx_Lee
2 and 3 sound like electrical problems just keep in mind that the key switch doesn't control the starter directly.(ask me how I know that)
4. Is a wheel bearing going bad it may sound easy but the whole hub has to be replaced and it includes the bearing and wheel speed sensor.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PlastiColor - Key Chain
Key Chain - Storm Trooper Key ChainMore on PlastiColor - Key Chain
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet
Ratchet - 3/8 Inch Drive; Round Head; Quick ReleaseMore on PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet
- Tub O' Towels - Solution Soaked Scrubbing Towels
Solution Soaked Scrubbing Towels - Each Towel Is 10 X 12 Inches; 90 Count